Meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD) is a term used to describe a group of disorders, both congenital and acquired. Disruption of meibomian gland function negatively impacts both the quality and quantity of meibum secreted, which in turn affects ocular surface health through changes in tear film composition. Increased tear evaporation, hyperosmolarity, inflammation, and ocular surface damage can subsequently occur and cause discomfort, visual disruption, and sensation of dry eyes.
There are various late-stage pipeline drugs for dry eye associated meibomian gland dysfunction syndrome treatment such as RegeneRx’s RGN-259, which is expected to be the strongest pipeline asset for the meibomian gland dysfunction syndrome treatment market. For instance, in April 2018, RegeneRx Biopharmaceuticals, inc. announced the outcome of discussions between its U.S. joint venture, ReGenTree LLC, and the FDA regarding the results of the completed phase 3 clinical trial (ARISE-2) and the future development requirements for a New Drug Application (NDA) submission of RGN-259, a novel drug candidate to treat dry eye syndrome associated meibomian gland dysfunction syndrome.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the U.S. meibomian gland dysfunction market, and provides market size (US$ Mn) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2020–2030), considering 2019 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the U.S. meibomian gland dysfunction market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, market presence, distribution strategies, key developments, strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Pfizer, inc., AbbVie Inc., Johnson and Johnson Vision Care Inc., Bausch Health Companies Inc., Novartis AG, Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., I-MED Pharma Inc., OASIS Medical, Sentiss Pharma Pvt. Ltd., RegeneRx, and Akorn, inc.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The U.S. meibomian gland dysfunction market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the U.S. meibomian gland dysfunction market
- U.S. Meibomian Gland Dysfunction Market, By Drug Type:
- Omega-3 supplements
- Antibacterial Eye Drops
- AZR MD 001
- TP 03
- NOV03 (Novatears)
- HY02 – Minocycline
- U.S. Meibomian Gland Dysfunction Market, By Route of Administration:
- U.S. Meibomian Gland Dysfunction Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Company Profiles
- Pfizer, Inc. *
- Company Overview
- Material Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Highlights
- Market Strategies
- AbbVie Inc.
- Johnson and Johnson Vision Care Inc.
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- I-MED Pharma Inc.
- OASIS Medical
- Sentiss Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
- Akorn, Inc.
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.