A metal detector is an electronic device, which detects the presence of metals. Metal detectors are useful for detecting hidden metal objects at airports, railway stations, bus stations, and other public and private places. Metal detectors are categorized into two types such as hand held metal detector and walk-through metal detectors. Moreover, these metal detector consists of components such as sensor creates an electromagnetic wave and reflector, which acts as wave reflector. When a metal comes in close contact with these detectors, the waves are blocked by metals objects and circuit remains open causing an alarm to ring.
Terrorist activities all over the world are increasing at a rapid pace driving governments and airport security agencies to upgrade their security infrastructure continuously. For instance, according to Coherent Market Insights’ analysis, in 2018, around 4,320 number of guns were detected at airports in the U.S. This number is expected to increase over the forecast period.
Conflict between two countries force security agencies to implement additional security measures at airports and major public places. For instance, in January 2020, according to a Statement given by United States Department of Defense, the U.S. killed Iranian general Qasem Soleimani of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) in drone attack near Baghdad airport. After this incident, there is tension between two counties. This is why airports across all the U.S. are on high alert. These factors are expected to drive the global metal detectors market over the forecast period.
However, due to advancement in technology, the nature of attacks by terrorists is also changing. For instance, instead of pistol they prefer plastic explosives, which are not detected by metal detectors. This is expected to hamper growth of the market over the forecast period.
This report segments the global airport metal detectors market on the basis of product type, application, and region. On the basis of product type, the global airport metal detectors market is segmented into explosives, metal, narcotics, radioactivity, and others. On the basis of application, the global airport metal detectors market is segmented into military and civil, and on the basis of region, the global airport metal detectors market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global airport metal detectors market and provides market size (US$ Million) and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2019-2027), considering 2018 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, regional outlook, and competitive strategy adopted by leading players
- It profiles leading players in the global airport metal detectors market based on the following parameters – regulatory landscape, company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered in the global airport metal detectors market include Ceia USA, Ltd., Cobalt Light Systems, Garrett Electronics Inc., L3Harris Security & Detection Systems, Rapiscan Systems, IRT ScanMaster Systems, Inc., Unival group GmbH, and ZKTECO CO., LTD, among others.
- These key market players are focusing on collaboration strategy with other market leaders to innovate and launch new products to meet the increasing needs and requirements of consumers
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decision regarding future product launches, technology upgradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global airport metal detectors market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through the various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global airport metal detectors market
- Global Airport Metal Detectors Market, By Product Type:
- Global Airport Metal Detectors Market, By Application:
- Global Airport Metal Detectors Market, By Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Company Profiles
- Ceia USA, Ltd.*
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- Cobalt Light Systems
- Garrett Electronics Inc.
- L3Harris Security & Detection Systems
- Rapiscan Systems
- IRT ScanMaster Systems, Inc.
- Unival group GmbH
- ZKTECO CO., LTD
*Browse all the market data tables and figures on “Global Airport Metal Detectors Market - Forecast to 2027”