Impact Analysis of Covid-19
The complete version of the Report will include the impact of the COVID-19, and anticipated change on the future outlook of the industry, by taking into the account the political, economic, social, and technological parameters.
Disposable tweezers are small tools used for mainly picking up objects during surgical procedures, dental procedures, and cosmetic procedures. Disposable tweezers are generally made up of different materials such as stainless steel and plastics (high density poly ethylene (HDPE) and polystyrene). Tweezers are medical devices that are available in different types according to its application such as slanted tip tweezers, pointed tip tweezers, pointed slant tweezers, square tip tweezers, round tip tweezers, and curved tweezers.
Moreover, increasing incidence of dental diseases such as dental caries, periodontal disease, and tooth loss are increasing the number of dental procedures. This results in increasing use of medical disposables such as disposables forceps and tweezers in dentistry procedures. According to World Health Organization Report in 2017, 3.8 billion people were suffering from oral disease such as dental caries, periodontal disease, tooth loss, oral cancer, and oral manifestations of HIV infection, oro-dental trauma, noma, and birth defects such as cleft lip and palate in the year 2016.
The global disposable tweezers market size is estimated to be valued at US$ 276.0 million in 2020 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.30% over the forecast period (2020-2027).
Figure 1. Global Disposable Tweezers Market Value (US$ Mn), 2016-2027
There is significant increase in demand for disposable tweezers, owing to factors such as increasing use of disposable tweezers in cosmetic procedures such as black head removals. For instance, according to Indian Journal of Dermatology report published in September 2018, in 2018, more than 44% of individuals were diagnosed with seasonally developed blackheads with age between 26-30 years in India.
Global Disposable Tweezers Market – Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Following the outbreak of COVID-19 in December 2019, the disease has spread to over 100 countries across the globe and the World Health Organization has declared it a public health emergency. According to the World Health Organization’s report, the manifestation of coronavirus (COVID-19) has resulted in more than 35.5 million infected individuals worldwide as of October 2020.
COVID-19 is affecting global disposable tweezers market in following ways; by directly affecting the production and demand; by creating disruptions in distribution channels; and by its financial impact on firms and financial markets. Supply chain and manufacturing activities in India, China, and the U.S. have been disrupted due to nationwide lockdowns. While countries such as Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, and others are facing problems with regards to transportation of drugs from one place to another.
Disposable Tweezers Market Report Coverage
||Market Size in 2020:
||US$ 276.0 Mn
|Historical Data for:
||2016 to 2019
||2020 to 2027
|Forecast Period 2020 to 2027 CAGR:
||2027 Value Projection:
||US$ 380.6 Mn
- North America: U.S. and Canada
- Latin America: Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America
- Europe: Germany, U.K., Spain, France, Italy, Russia, and Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific: China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea, ASEAN, and Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East: GCC, Israel, and Rest of the Middle East
- Africa: South Africa, North Africa, and Central Africa
- By Product Type: Plastic, Stainless Steel.
- By Application: Dental, Surgical, Forensic, Others.
- By Distribution Channel: Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies.
Burkle Inc, Sampling Sytems Ltd, TIGA-MED Germany GmbH, MECO Instruments Pvt. Ltd, Arrowhead Forensics, 3M Healthcare , Cole-Parmer, Caplugs Evergreen, MilliporeSigma, and Changzhou Yuekang Medical Appliance Co., ltd
- Increasing use of disposal tweezers by healthcare professionals to maintain hygiene during surgical and dental procedures
- Increasing incidence of surgical and dental procedures
|Restraints & Challenges:
- Disposable tweezers create substantial amount of waste, mainly stainless steel tweezers that require smelting or burying, thus raising environmental concerns
Moreover, various initiatives are taken by government regulatory bodies in the field of surgical procedures to decrease the spread of coronavirus from healthcare professionals to patients and vice-versa. For instance, the US National Library of Medicine report published in July 2020 stated some guidelines for healthcare professionals while performing surgical procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic. The guidelines are as follows:
- It is mandatory for health care professionals to use personal protection equipment while carrying out surgical procedures to avoid the spread of COVID-19 infection
- Preparing a surgical pandemic response plan for this rapidly evolving situation to include postponing elective operations and utilization of repurposing operating rooms (OR) as critical care areas and operative place for COVID-19 patients
- Developing safe and preventative team based plan while carrying out surgical procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic
- It is mandatory to develop a dedicated place for COVID-19 infected patients to avoid the spread of infection in other hospital areas
- Proper sanitization and disposal of medical devices used during surgical procedures such as forceps, tweezers, and masks
Thus, the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is expected to limit growth of the global disposable tweezers market during the forecast period.
Figure 2. Global Disposable Tweezers Market Share (%), by Region, 2020
Among regions, North America is expected to exhibit significant growth in the global disposable tweezers market, owing to factors such as increasing number of cosmetic surgeries in the U.S. For instance, according to American Society of Plastic Surgeons report published in 2018, 17.5 million surgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures such as eye-lid surgery, laser hair removals, and nose reshaping were performed in the U.S. in 2017.
Major players operating in the global disposable tweezers market include Burkle Inc, Sampling Systems Ltd, TIGA-MED Germany GmbH, MECO Instruments Pvt. Ltd, Arrowhead Forensics, 3M Healthcare, Cole-Parmer, Caplugs Evergreen, MilliporeSigma, and Changzhou Yuekang Medical Appliance Co., ltd.