Impact Analysis of Covid-19
The complete version of the Report will include the impact of the COVID-19, and anticipated change on the future outlook of the industry, by taking into the account the political, economic, social, and technological parameters.
Infection surveillance solution is a software that helps healthcare facilities such as hospitals and others to report data related to patients, to the state and federal authorities. This software alerts hospital Internet Protocol (IPs) in case of infection occurrence so that HAI specialist and nurses can treat patients suffering from the infection in order to avoid outbreaks of infection
The global infection surveillance solutions market is estimated to account for US$ 1,177.7 Mn in terms of value by the end of 2027.
Global Infection Surveillance Solutions Market: Drivers
High prevalence of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) is expected to propel growth of the global infection surveillance solutions market over the forecast period. For instance, according to the study, ‘The prevalence of healthcare associated infections among adult inpatients at nineteen large Australian acute-care public hospitals: a point prevalence survey’, published in BMC Antimicrobial Resistance & Infection Control in July 2019, the prevalence of patients with a HAI was 9.9%. Hospital prevalence rates ranged from 5.7% to 17.0%.
Moreover, increasing number of emergency surgeries is also expected to aid in growth of the global infection surveillance solutions market. For instance, according to Australian Institute of Health and Welfare’s Hospitals at a glance 2017–18 report updated in August 2019, admissions for emergency surgery increased between 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 by 2.9% in public hospitals and by 5.1% in private hospitals in Australia.
North America held dominant position in the global infection surveillance solutions market in 2019, accounting for 45% share in terms of value, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific, respectively.
Figure 1: Global Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Share (%) Value, By Region, 2019
Global Infection Surveillance Solutions Market: Restraints
Inadequate data management and computing resources is expected to hinder growth of the global infection surveillance solutions market. Improper data management leads to insufficient and incorrect data of patient’s medical history and care, which results in inappropriate inferences in surveillance systems.
Moreover, high cost of infection surveillance solutions is also expected to hinder growth of the market.
Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Report Coverage
||Market Size in 2019:
||US$ 409.9 Mn
|Historical Data for:
||2016 to 2019
||2020 to 2027
|Forecast Period 2020 to 2027 CAGR:
||2027 Value Projection:
||US$ 1,177.7 Mn
- North America: U.S., Canada
- Latin America: Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Rest of Latin America
- Europe: Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Russia, Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific: China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, ASEAN, Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East: GCC Countries, Israel, Rest of Middle East
- Africa: North Africa, Central Africa, South Africa
- By Component:
- Services: Implementation, Support & Maintenance, Training & Consulting.
- By Deployment Type: On-Premises, Web-Based.
- By End User: Hospitals, Clinics, Ambulatory Service, Specialty Center, Others.
Becton Dickson & Company, Baxter International Inc., Premier, Inc., Truven Health Analytics Inc. (IBM Watson), Gojo Industries, Inc., Wolters Kluwer N.V., Vigilanz Corporation, Atlas Medical Software (Rpoer Technologies), RLDatix, and Quantros, Inc.
- Increasing prevalence of infectious diseases
- Technological advancement
|Restraints & Challenges:
- Inadequate data management and computing resources
Global Infection Surveillance Solutions Market: Opportunities
Emergence of Covid-19 is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities for players in the global infection surveillance solutions market. For instance, globally, as of 4:23pm CEST, 7 October 2020, there have been 35,659,007 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 1,044,269 deaths, reported to the World Health Organization.
Moreover, increasing funding for adoption of infection surveillance solutions is also expected to aid in growth of the market. For instance, in January 2019, THE Universal Service Fund (USF) funded US$ 31.7 million infection control surveillance system to University Hospital of the West Indies for management of dengue.
The global infection surveillance solutions market was valued at US$ 409.9 Mn in 2019 and is forecast to reach a value of US$ 1,177.7 Mn by 2027 at a CAGR of 13.9% between 2020 and 2027.
Figure 2: Global Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Value (US$ Mn), 2016 – 2027
Market Trends/Key Takeaways
Launch of rapid test for infection control and surveillance studies is expected to aid in growth of the global infection surveillance solutions market. For instance, in February 2018, OpGen, Inc. is a precision medicine company, launched new Research Use Only rapid test for infection control and surveillance studies.
Moreover, launch of launch low-cost COVID-19 testing and surveillance platforms is also expected to aid in growth of the global infection surveillance solutions market. For instance, in September 2020, Stanford University along with the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub and a group of collaborators developed a low-cost system to collect samples for COVID-19 testing and monitor populations for the disease.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- HIPAA standard was imposed in 1996 in order to provide privacy rights to individuals to understand and control their health information usage
- It includes tax-related provisions and guidelines for medical care
- Provides health insurance reform, including provisions for individuals with pre-existing conditions and those seeking continued coverage
- Includes provisions on company-owned life insurance and treatment of those who lose their U.S. citizenship for income tax purposes
National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) has a web based surveillance system (NHSN) that helps in facilitating HAI reporting from healthcare facilities such hospitals, long term acute care hospitals, psychiatric hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and others
- The states with mandated HAI reporting use NHSN, and it is recommended system for states
Types of Enforcement by Statutory Authority
- Inspection of facility records or HAI related data and create plan for facilities to take corrective action
- Facility licensure sanctions for non-reporting poor peer healthcare quality or patient safety
- Requirements for training in HAI best practices and certification in infection control and provider accreditation sanctions for poor healthcare quality or patient safety
Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
- PAHO is a special health agency, which provides assistance to over 27 countries in Latin America. PAHO engages in technical cooperation with its member countries to fight communicable and non-communicable diseases and its causes, to strengthen health systems, and to respond to emergencies and disasters
- This association promotes education of health related issues and awareness about various diseases
- PAHO has two institutional branches: it is a specialized health agency of the Inter-American System and also serves as Regional Office for the Americas of the World Health Organization (WHO), the health agency of the United Nations
Global Infection Surveillance Solutions Market: Competitive Landscape
Major players operating in the global infection surveillance solutions market include, Becton Dickson & Company, Baxter International Inc., Premier, Inc., Truven Health Analytics Inc. (IBM Watson), Gojo Industries, Inc., Wolters Kluwer N.V., Vigilanz Corporation, Atlas Medical Software (Rpoer Technologies), RLDatix, and Quantros, Inc.
Global Infection Surveillance Solutions Market: Key Developments
Major players in the global infection surveillance solutions market are focused on enhancing their customer base to enhance their market share. For instance, in September 2020, RLDatix announced that Hill Country Memorial, a non-profit, acute care community hospital with beds in the U.S. signed an agreement to implement RLDatix's Surveillance solution as another step toward adopting the full Applied Safety Intelligence framework.