Impact Analysis of Covid-19
The complete version of the Report will include the impact of the COVID-19, and anticipated change on the future outlook of the industry, by taking into the account the political, economic, social, and technological parameters.
It is vital for electrical systems to function properly without undergoing any damages. An electrical system can be subjected to effects of thermal cycling, mechanical stresses, switching, and environmental extremes. If proper care is not taken it can lead to catastrophic system failure. Electrical testing services are crucial, in order to ensure the operating standards of a plant which uses electricity. Generally, electric testing services are outsourced or done in-house. Moreover, frequency of testing services vary according to nature of workplace and risk associated with electrical equipment. Power generation stations, power transmission and distribution stations, steel plants, and refineries are major end users of electrical testing services.
The India electrical testing services market was valued at US$ 162.0 Mn in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% between 2019 and 2027.
Market Dynamics- Driver
- Stable growth of steel production industry is expected to drive growth of India electrical testing services market during the forecast period
Steady increase in production of steel across the country is the major factor driving the market growth. For instance, according World Steel Association (WSA), India accounts for the third-largest production of crude steel in terms of volume. According to the same source, India has witnessed increasing growth in production output at a rate of 2.6%. However, the growth rate is slightly less than average annual production output rate of 6.5% since 2006. Moreover, Electric Arc Reactors are commonly used manufacturing process for the production of steel with electricity as power source. Thus, growing annual production of steel coupled with rising electricity market in India is expected to propel the India electrical testing services market growth.
- Growing demand and growth of electric power requirements in village is expected to propel the India electrical testing services market growth over the forecast period
India is the second-most populace country with population accounting for 1.31 billion in 2015. The government has taken proactive initiatives to electrify villages. This, in turn, is expected to increase the power generation in India with wider distribution and transmission network across the country. Moreover, the Government of India has planned to electrify over 55 million households by 2018, which is expected to boost the sales of electricity. Thus, increasing demand for electric power in villages is expected to fuel the market growth in the near future.
Market Dynamics- Restraints
- Increasing in-house capabilities of electrical testing services is expected to restrain growth of the India electrical testing services market growth over the forecast period
In the current scenario, companies are outsourcing the electrical testing services, in order to increase focus on core activities of the company. Although the trend is likely to continue, outsourcing testing services incurs higher initial costs for the clients. Moreover, companies are setting up their own testing department equipped with necessary equipment and skilled technicians. This, in turn, is expected to increase the charges for outsourced testing service, thereby expected to restrain the India electrical testing services market growth in the near future.
- High cost associated with testing equipment and increasing requirement for trained personnel are expected to hamper the India electrical testing services market growth during the forecast period
Various tools are required for monitoring electrical equipment including circuit breakers, transformers, etc. However, these tools are relatively expensive, owing to extreme nature of the equipment it performs tests on. These test devices need to endure high voltages, current fluctuations, and other critical conditions. This, in turn, has increased the price of these tools, leading to high capital investment. Moreover, trained professionals are required to operate these tools in safe and controlled manner. Thus, these factors are expected to hinder the India electrical testing services market in the near future.
- Certification testing to improve the quality of equipment is expected to pose excellent growth opportunities for market players
Various equipment used in industries such as power generation, steel plants, and other are bulky, large in size, and burdensome to handle. When failed, replacement of these equipment takes month or years, depending upon the specification offered by international accreditation authorities. However, this can be improved with timely testing services that provides certifications of InterNational Electrical Testing Association (NETA), Electrical Research & Development Association (ERDA), and Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). This, in turn, is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities for key players in the market.
- Product expansions and innovation of advanced technology in testing services is expected to offer conducive opportunities in the market
Innovation of novel products for testing and development of advanced technology are expected to pose excellent growth opportunities for market players in the near future. Advent of advanced multimeter, Ohmmeter, Ammeter, Signal tracer, logic analyzer, etc. are some of the equipment used in electrical testing services market.
- Power generation is expected to be major trend in the India electrical testing services market
The current power generation in India is sufficient to provide electricity to every households. However, poor distribution and transmission network across the country reaches on 55% of the India households. The report suggests that if current power generation plants are used it their full potential, India would not need any new power plants for next three years, considering increasing population and household growth. This, in turn, is expected to drive the market growth in the near future.
- Railway electrification and proactive initiatives for T&D Network is another major trend in the market
The Government of India has undertaken several projects to expand and enhance the transmission & distribution network across the country. This is to be done by working on problems such as power thievery, pilferage, bureaucracy, and replacement obsolete and old equipment. Moreover, electrification of railway lines in India is another ambitious project and is growing steadily with currently over 40% network being electrified.
India Electrical Testing Services market, by end-user type segment, power generation station sub-segment was valued at US$ 26.5 Mn in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.9% between 2019 and 2027.
Value Chain Analysis
Key players operating in the India electrical testing services market are INEL Power System Engineers Pvt. Ltd., Technomark Engineers India Pvt. Ltd., Voltech Group, Powertest Asia Pvt. Ltd., Rulka Electricals Pvt. Ltd., Inser Hitech Engineers Pvt. Ltd, Ultra Electric Company India Pvt. Ltd., JBS Enterprises Pvt. Ltd., and Laxmi Associates
- In October 2010, Technomark Engineers Pvt. Ltd. expanded its business with addition of Technomark Sales Corporation, in order to sell and market electrical engineering products.
- In October 2007, INEL Power System Engineers Pvt. Ltd. received the contract to supply equipment for 4th Military World Games in Hyderabad, India. This included installation and testing of distribution board and relay switches.