Impact Analysis of Covid-19
The complete version of the Report will include the impact of the COVID-19, and anticipated change on the future outlook of the industry, by taking into the account the political, economic, social, and technological parameters.
Definition of Market/Industry:
Residential water treatment equipment effectively removes the unwanted particles present in the water and make it suitable for reuse. They are gaining tremendous demand across various developing countries due to scarcity of water. These devices can easily remove undesirable chemicals suspended soils and biological contaminants.
Middle East residential water treatment devices market is estimated to be valued at US$ 661.15 million in 2021 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.8 % over the forecast period (2021-2028).
- One of the major developments observed in the water treatment systems market is new product developments. Companies are adopting inorganic growth strategies such as acquisitions to cope with the increasing demand for water treatment systems in emerging markets. These strategies have aided companies to create a large customer and partner base in these markets.
- In December 2019, Eureka Forbes, the country’s largest player in water purifiers and vacuum cleaners, announced that it is reorganising itself and bringing its focus back on domestic operations in order to grow in the market.
- In July 2019, The Municipality of Dubai, the UAE, has launched a new plant to treat industrial wastewater, which will then be reused for irrigation. The new plant is situated at the Jebel Ali Hazardous Waste Treatment Complex and can produce 450,000l of irrigation water in 24 hours.
Saudi Arabia held dominant position in the Middle East residential water treatment devices market in 2020, accounting for 38.03% share in terms of value, followed by UAE and Qatar, respectively.
Figure 1. Middle East Residential Water Treatment Devices Market Value (US$ Mn), by Country, 2020
Increasing population in the Middle East is primarily fueling the market growth of the residential water treatment equipment. According to the Coherent Market Insights analysis, the total population of the Middle East & Africa is approximately 346 million and is expected to grow at a rate of 2% per annum. Moreover, increasing mass migration to urban areas is further expected to raise demand for water purifiers, thereby propelling the market growth over the forecast timeframe.
The region has experienced a deterioration of water quality due to large scale industrialization is leading to limited availability of water. According to the Coherent Market Insights analysis, water availability in these counties is estimated to be merely 1,200 m3/person/year, which is substantially lower than the global average of 7,000 m3/person/year.
Growth in the construction industry in the region is expected to offer potential opportunities to the market of the Middle East residential water treatment equipment. According to the data by Construction Week's, Dubai’s GDP recorded a growth rate of 1.94% in 2018 to reach a value of $108.4bn (AED398.1bn), with the construction, infrastructure, and real estate sectors all playing a significant role. Thus, growth in the construction industry is expected to augment the market growth of the Middle East residential water treatment equipment.
Growing cases of water-borne disease such as diarrhea, liver damage, a digestive disorder, etc. are expected to open up new avenues to the market of Middle East residential water treatment equipment. Moreover, increasing domestic production of the water purifier in the especially UAE and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is also projected to augment the market growth of the Middle East residential water treatment equipment over the forecast period.
Middle East Residential Water Treatment Devices Market Report Coverage
||Market Size in 2021:
||US$ 661.15 Mn
|Historical Data for:
||2017 to 2020
||2021 to 2028
|Forecast Period 2021 to 2028 CAGR:
||2028 Value Projection:
||US$ 1,041.9 Mn
- GCC: Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, & Oman
- Levant: Turkey, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, & Syria
- Device Type: Filtration Devices ( Water Tap Faucet, Filtration Faucet, & Others)
- Purification Devices: ( Reverse Osmosis, Ultra Violet, & Gravity)
KENT RO Systems Ltd., Eureka Forbes, Britannic Water Treatment Company W.L.L, Panasonic Corporation, LG Electronics, Pure It L.L.C, Waterlife, Coolpex Pure Water System, Ultra Tec Water Treatment LLC, Water Life Technology LLC, Clearsource SARL, and AQUA PRO UAE
- Increasing water pollution
- Growing population
|Restraints & Challenges:
- High cost of the water purification system
The growing trend of online shopping for home appliances due to convenience and affordable rates are expected to foster the market growth of the Middle East residential water treatment equipment. According to the Coherent Market Insights analysis, nearly over 60% of consumers in GCC countries use the Internet to conduct research on products and services; whereas approximately 11 % of online shoppers prefer buying home appliances online.
Partnership and agreements among major players for market expansion is a major trend and this is trend is projected to accelerate the market growth of the Middle East residential water treatment equipment. For instance, in June 2017, Water purifier and small appliances maker, Kent RO Systems Limited announced the entry into the Middle East by partnering with LuLu Hypermarkets. Such partnerships among major players will favor market growth over the forecast period.
Figure 2. Middle East Residential Water Treatment Devices Market Share, By Filtration Devices Type, 2020
Key Takeaways of the Graph:
- The Filtration Faucet in filtration devices held dominant position in the market and accounted for 67.96% share in the Middle East residential water treatment devices market in 2020. The segment is expected to reach US$ 112.45 million in 2028.
- The Middle East & Africa market is also witnessing mass migration of people to urban centers, leading to increased demand for water purifiers in these centers.
The high price of water purification equipment especially that of the RO and UV process is expected to hamper the market growth of Middle East residential water treatment equipment.
Limited use of the product due to the scarcity of water in the region is projected to restrict market growth. Moreover, the lack of product availability of the product as the market is highly untapped is expected to hamper the market growth of the residential water treatment equipment.
- KENT RO Systems Ltd.
- Eureka Forbes
- Britannic Water Treatment Company W.L.L
- Panasonic Corporation
- LG Electronics
- Pure It L.L.C
- Coolpex Pure Water System
- Ultra Tec Water Treatment LLC
- Water Life Technology LLC
- Clearsource SARL
- AQUA PRO UAE