Impact Analysis of Covid-19
The complete version of the Report will include the impact of the COVID-19, and anticipated change on the future outlook of the industry, by taking into the account the political, economic, social, and technological parameters.
Definition of Market/Industry:
Water purifier is an advanced device used to clean the water by removing unwanted and hazardous substances from the water. They effectively remove suspended particles, undesirable materials, chemicals, and gases from the water. They are classified into gravity purifier, RO purifiers, UV purifiers, sediment filter, and water softener. Rising water pollution due to various environmental factors such as industrialization around the globe have raised the demand for water purifier. The water purifier is available in different type such as a wall-mounted, tabletop, countertop, and faucet-mounted. They are widely used across industrial, commercial as well as household application.
The global water purifier market is estimated to be valued at US$ 78,939.1 billion in 2021 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 8.4% over the forecast period (2021-2028).
- In January 2021, Samsung Electronics, a South Korean company that produces electronic devices introduced its first-ever water purifier as the tech giant enters the fast-growing home water purifier market amid the pandemic-induced stay-at-home trend.
- In August 2021, QNET, Hong Kong-based multi-level marketing (MLM) company, partnered with South Korean brand Cuckoo to launch two new water purifiers MyHomePlus DELIGHT and MyHomePlus KNIGHT
- In February 2020, Havells India Limited, a Fast-Moving Electrical Goods (FMEG) and consumer durable company launched new water purifier named Havells Delite Alkaline RO in Hyderabad, India.
Asia Pacific held dominant position in the global water purifier market in 2020, accounting for 43.7% share in terms of volume, followed by North America and Europe, respectively.
Figure 1. Global Water Purifier Market Value (US$ Bn), by Region, 2020
Growing concern over water safety is expected to accelerate the growth of water purifier market. According to the WHO, eight billion people use a feces-contaminated drinking-water source and around 502,000 people die of diarrhea. For this government bodies are adopting various measures to overcome these issues. Thus, rising concern over water safety is expected to have positive impact on the market of water purifiers.
Increasing adoption of advanced technology for water purification systems to ensure the effective elimination of impurities from the water is driving growth of the market. Some of the major latest developments in water purification technology are acoustics nanotube technology, potable products, photocatalytic water purification technology, water filtration with nanotechnology, euglena biofiltration system, sun spring system, sunlight, and high tech materials.
Rising disposable income has increased purchasing power of the consumer is expected to raise the demand for water purifiers. Improving living standards coupled with the rising concern over water safety in developing countries and growing health-conscious people around the globe is further expected to accelerate the market growth of the water purifier.
The rising number of wastewater treatment plants around the globe is projected to foster the market growth of the water purifier. For instance, in September 2018, ACCIONA has opened a new facility of a new CA$700 billion wastewater treatment plant that will serve more than 200,000 residents and two First Nation communities in North Shore, part of the metropolitan area of Vancouver.
Water Purifier Market Report Coverage
||Market Size in 2021:
||US$ 78,939.1 Bn
|Historical Data for:
||2017 to 2020
||2021 to 2028
|Forecast Period 2021 to 2028 CAGR:
||2028 Value Projection:
||US$ 136,797.3 Bn
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Rest of NA
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, France, Russia, and Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific: Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, South Korea, India, China, and Rest of APAC
- Middle East & Africa: UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, and Rest of MEA
- Latin America: Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, and Rest of Latin America
- By Technology: Gravity Purifier, RO Purifiers, UV Purifiers, Sediment filter, Water Softener, and Others
- By End User: Industrial, Commercial, and Household
- By Accessories: Pitcher Filter, Under Sink Filter, Shower Filter, Faucet Mount, Water Dispenser, Replacement filters, Counter Top, Whole House, and Others
A.O. Smith Corporation, Aquatech International LLC, BWT Aktiengesellschaft, Brita, GmbH, Coway Co., Ltd., Culligan International Company, EcoWater Systems LLC, Eureka Forbes Ltd., Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, GE Appliances, Ion Exchange, Kaz USA, Inc., Kent RO Systems Ltd., Kinetico Inc., LG Electronics, Mitsubishi Rayon Cleansui Co., Ltd. , Panasonic Corporation, Pentair Plc, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Tata Chemicals Ltd., Unilever N.V., and Whirlpool Corporation
- Increasing concern over water safety
- Growing prevalence of water borne disease
- Increasing population
|Restraints & Challenges:
- High cost of the water purifier system
Rising trend of introducing unique design-based products such as discreet passive model, faucet mount design, under sink design, and multi-stage filter model. Moreover, the adoption of specifically membrane systems especially in the European region is further expected to propel the market growth of water purifiers over the forecast period.
Rising demand for UV and gravity-based purifiers is gaining traction in the market. A UV water purifier is used to treats contaminated water with germicidal ultraviolet light. UV lights prevent the spreading of disease by killing the bacteria present in the water and make it safe for drinking.
Figure 2. Global Water Purifier Market Share, By Technology, 2020
Key Takeaways of the Graph:
- In Technology Segment, The RO Purifiers held dominant position in the market and accounted for 37.7% share in the global water purifier market in 2020. The segment is expected to reach US$ 54,078.3 billion in 2028.
- RO Water Purifier removes heavy metals from drinking water, improves metabolism & digestion, and assists in weight loss.
The strong presence of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that sells their products at competitive prices. This is expected to impact the market share of organized players in the region. This is expected to restraint the market growth of the water purifier.
The high cost of the water purifiers that have advanced technology is projected to restrict the adoption of water purifiers. This is projected to hamper the market growth of the water purifier.
- 3M Purification, Inc.
- A.O. Smith Corporation
- Aquatech International LLC
- BWT Aktiengesellschaft
- Brita, GmbH
- Coway Co., Ltd.
- Culligan International Company
- EcoWater Systems LLC
- Eureka Forbes Ltd.
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- GE Appliances
- Ion Exchange
- Kaz USA, Inc.
- Kent RO Systems Ltd.
- Kinetico Inc.
- LG Electronics
- Mitsubishi Rayon Cleansui Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Pentair Plc
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Tata Chemicals Ltd.
- Unilever N.V.
- Whirlpool Corporation
- In August 2019, LG Electronics India has introduced its new range of PuriCare water purifiers in India. The highlight feature of the PuriCare water purifiers is that it features a stainless steel storage tank.