Motorcycle boots are usually used by riders for maintaining road safety. Generally motorcycle boots are made from thick and heavy material to provide protection to the feet of riders. Nowadays manufacturers of motorcycle boots are using faux leather, which gives similar looks as the leather boots for wider acceptance.
To protect motorcycle rider’s feet and ankle manufacturers have started using thick and stiff materials, which absorbs shock waves during accidents thus saving from physical injury.
- Increasing disposable income and rising awareness about the benefits of motorcycle boots among the people are main factors for driving growth of motorcycle boots market. There are various advantages associated with the use of motorcycle boots such as it protects ankle and feet of riders, helps in maintaining balance of motorcycle, shields the rider from harsh climatic conditions such as rain, excessive heat and winds, and others. Motorcycle boots are extensively adopted by motorcycle riders as it helps in averting accidents and fatalities. The mentioned reasons will help in growth of motorcycle boots market in the near future.
- High popularity of motorcycle boots across the globe is creating huge opportunities for growth of motorcycle boot market. According to a report by Governors Highway Safety Association on Motorcyclist Traffic Fatalities, 2018, motorcyclist fatalities in the U.S. are expected to have decreased by 5.6% in 2017 compared to 2016.
- However, motorcycle boots are not suitable for everyone because it does not provide flexibility to the rider’s leg and often let it sweat due to the rigid material of the product, which is a major factorhampering growth of motorcycle boots market.
- Among product types, racing boots segment accounted for the highest market share in the motorcycle boot market in 2017. Racing boots are more prevalent in the market due to increasing motorcycle racing events across the globe. Other health benefits of racing boots includes improved cardiovascular health, increased fertility, and healthy skin.
- Among raw materials, faux leather segment dominated the motorcycle boot market in 2017. Due to health and environmental issue leather is discouraged to be used as a raw material and faux leather gives leather-like finish and it is inexpensive, the segment is projected to dominate in the market over the forecast period.
- North America held the highest market share in the global motorcycle boot market in 2017. The region is projected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period, owing to increasing number of motorcycle riders for motorcycle racing events. There are some prominent motorcycle rally events which are organized in the United States such as Daytona Bike Week (January 1937), Sturgis Motorcycle Rally (August 1938), Laconia Motorcycle Week (June 1923), and Americade (May 1983). These motorcycle events are annual events.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing region in the motorcycle boot market over the forecast period. Key factors such as rising awareness towards safety of feet and increase in the racing events in emerging economies such as China and India are creating immense opportunities for growth of motorcycle boot market. Currently, online platforms such as The Dream Riders, Indian Motorcycle Rider Group, Motorbike Europe, and others, organizes motorcycle rallies and trips monthly, which will increase the demand for motorcycle boots.
Key players in Global Motorcycle Boot Market
- Key players operating in the global motorcycle boot market include Harley-Davidson, O’Neal, CorTech, Skechers, Bates Footwear, Gaerne, Durango Boot, FRYE, Forma Boots, Dr Martens and UGG.
- Key market players are launching new products to meet the rising demand for motorcycle boots of consumers. For instance, manufacturers have designed different types of motorcycle boots for various motorcycle races and events. Manufacturers are also launching innovative and light weight shoes that will help riders to maintain balance and speed of motorcycle. Such activities by key players will fuel growth of motorcycle boots market.
- Key players operating in the global motorcycle bike market are adopting in-organic growth strategies such as product development and new product launches in order to expand its product portfolio in the global motorcycle boot market.
- For instance, eleveit launches its new clothing and motorcycle boots range including new X-legend boots in the market. This new boots are available in six colors. The X-Legend provides important protection system based on controlling the movement of the ankle in all its directions while maintaining sensitivity while riding.
- The company Alpinestars S.p.A introducing its new product line in motorcycle boots segment such as Stella Smx Plus, Crutchlow Supertech R Boots, Smx Plus V2 Gore-Tex Boot, Limited Edition Motegi Supertech R Boot, Limited Edition Randy Mamola Legends Series Supertech R Boot. This new product line will help company to strengthen its product portfolio in the market. Alpinestars S.p.A. is a manufacturer of clothing and protective gear for motorsports and action sports in Italy.
- In June 2019, Aether Apparel launched new Aether Moto Boot in the market. The new boot provides varieties of colors and ankle protection. The Boot is created from 100% vegetable-tanned Italian leather and is fully leather lined.
On the basis of product type, the global motorcycle boot market is segmented into:
- Racing Boots
- Street Boots
- Motocross Boots
- Harness Boots
On the basis of gender, the global motorcycle boot market is segmented into:
On the basis of raw material, the global motorcycle boot market is segmented into:
- Faux Leather
On the basis of distributional channel, the global motorcycle boot market is segmented into:
- Exclusive Stores
- Online Retail
On the basis of region, the global motorcycle boot market is segmented into:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa