Nigella seeds belong to the family of cumin, which is responsible for its aromatic flavor. Moreover, apart from oil, nigella seeds are used as flavoring agents in cooking and for the treatment of various body ailments such as joint pains and obesity, among others. Nigella seeds are also known as black onion/black cumin seeds.
- The increasing awareness among people about the health benefits of nigella seeds is expected to boost demand for nigella seeds, thereby expected to drive the market growth, globally. For instance, nigella seeds are rich source of amino acids and proteins, among other essential minerals.
- Furthermore, the oil extracted from nigella seeds is used for weight loss and it also aids in the treatment of skin conditions such as eczema, acne, and psoriasis. Apart from this, nigella seed oil, an extract from the seeds has various potential health benefits such as it aids in reducing the liver and kidney disease complications, and improves blood sugar levels, among others.
- However, consumption of nigella seeds can cause an allergic rash to few people. Moreover, swallowing nigella seeds oil can lead to various illnesses such as vomiting and digestive problems and is further advised to keep it away from sensitive parts of the body such as eyes and nostrils. These factors are expected to hamper the market growth of the global nigella seeds market during the forecast period.
- The increasing awareness about the various nutrients offered by nigella seeds such as vitamins, amino acids, saponin, crystalline nigellone, crude fiber, proteins and fatty acids such as oleic acids and linolenic, volatile oils, alkaloids, iron, sodium, potassium and calcium, among others are expected to fuel demand for nigella seeds market and in turn, is expected to drive the market growth over the forecast period.
- Among regions, Asia Pacific is expected to account for a significant market share during the forecast period, owing to the increasing health awareness among the population. These factors are expected to propel the market growth of global nigella seeds over the forecast period.
- Among form, organic nigella seeds are cultivated by using organic fertilizers and pesticides. The demand for organically grown food products is increasing, owing to rising awareness about adverse effects of chemical fertilizers and pesticides used for crop production. Organic nigella seeds are grown without the use of any toxic agrochemicals such as synthetic pesticides and fungicides. Therefore, in order to attract consumer base, players operating in the nigella seeds market are expected to shift towards offering organically grown nigella seeds.
Key players operating in the global nigella seeds market include Herbs N Spices International, Farm Flavours, Herbo Nutra, Bulk Agro (India) Pvt. Ltd., Optimum Spices, Earth Root Spices and Herbs LLP, and Manish Agro, among others.
On the basis of form, the global nigella seeds market is segmented into:
- Organic Nigella Seeds
- Conventional Nigella Seeds
On the basis of distribution channel, the global nigella seeds market is segmented into:
- Business to Business (B2B)
- Business to Consumer (B2C)
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Online Channels
On the basis of region, the global nigella seeds market is segmented into:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa