Fabric wash and care product are used to clean clothes and equipment. It is necessary to use the washing or cleaning products to preserve suppleness and cleanliness of fabrics. Various cleaning and care products commonly used in the market include cleansers, bleaching powder, detergents, and fabric softeners or conditioners. Different types of clothes or fabrics require specific care such as hand wash or dry cleaning. Fabric softeners help to maintain the quality of the fabric for a long period of time. The fresh fragrance, soft texture, and shiny appearance are some of the properties of fabric softeners, which are fueling growth of the market.
The increasing population and increasing awareness among the populace about the benefits of fabric care products coupled with variation in product portfolio related to wash and care products are propelling growth of the market fabric wash and care product market. Increasing awareness regarding damaging effects of these products have shifted consumer preference in using green and organic products. Increasing demand for fabric wash and care products that can be applied on every type of fabric without affecting its color is driving growth of the market.
Fabric Wash and Care Market Taxonomy:
On the basis of product type, fabric wash and care market is segmented into:
- Fabric Softener/ Conditioner
On the basis of end user, fabric wash and care market is segmented into:
On the basis of form, fabric wash and care market is segmented into:
On the basis of application, fabric wash and care market is segmented into:
- Stain Removal
- Vegetable Stains
- Grease Stains
- Animal Stains
- Mineral Stains
- Odor Removal
On the basis of distribution channel, fabric wash and care market is segmented into:
- Convenience Stores
- Pharmacies and Drugstores
Among product type, fabric detergents and conditioners segment is projected to account for major market share over the forecast period. Various companies are focusing on producing advanced fabric conditioners combined with variety of fragrances and natural components to increase the efficiency of the product, which in turn is driving growth of the market. For instance, Tide Purclean, a bio-based cleaning product was developed using the original liquid detergent qualities of Tide. Some supermarkets and hypermarkets such as Kmart Super Center, Kroger, and Walmart lead the distribution channel in the global scenario.
Fabric Wash and Care Product Market Outlook-
The consumption and growth rate of fabric wash and care products is high in Europe and North America. North America region is expected to be the largest consumer of liquid washing and cleaning detergents. The high demand for products that are machine-friendly and user-friendly is significantly fueling growth of the fabric wash and care product market. Increasing consumer purchasing power has in turn, increased consumer spending on high quality clothes. This creates a demand for fabric wash and care products. Economies such as China and India are projected to witness the rampant market growth due to increase in standard of living among the populace and development of various fabric wash and care products.
Key players operating in fabric wash and care products market include Unilever, Henkel AG & Co.KGaA, Procter and Gamble, SEITZ GmbH, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc., The Clorox Company, Huntsman International LLC, Church & Dwight Co. Inc., The National Detergent Company Co., Rohit Surfactants Private Limited (RSPL), The Nice Group, and Team Thai ltd.
Fabric Wash and Care Product Market: Key Developments
- In August 2019, Unilever had introduced a new expert fabric wash brand under the name ‘Love & Care’. This brand is being launched under three variants namely the shining skills, soft woolens and fine cottons. The products are being designed specifically for dealing with a variety of fabrics and intricate embellishments.
- In April 2018, Henkel AG & Co.KGaA has focused on expanding the regranulated resins for the packaging of its laundry detergents. With this, the company also aims at reducing the environmental footprint. The company had also entered into a long term partnership with the Mondi Group for finding a solution which would incorporate more amount of scrap plastic in a highly functional, aesthetically pleasing and flexible laminate packaging material.
- In April 2017, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc launched a new product Lysol laundry sanitizer. It is a liquid addictive which is added to the laundry routine and helps in removal of 99.9% bacteria. This brand has also partnered with GOOD+ foundation, with the aim of breaking the cycle of family poverty through the power of donated goods and services.