Form Fill Seal Equipment are multi-purpose equipment, which form, fill, and seal the packaging simultaneously. Increased time efficiency due to continuous processes is a major advantage over other packaging techniques. Moreover, the equipment is versatile in creating different shapes and sizes of packaging material. The thermoform fill seal equipment is quite similar to form fill seal equipment. They are used in various industries such as food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, and personal care.
Growing demand for food & beverages and pharmaceutical industries in the emerging economies of Asia Pacific is the major driver for growth of the market. Growing flexible packaging industry has augmented the form fill seal equipment industry growth. Major challenges faced by the market are inability to produce air-tight packaging, which ensures increased shelf life of the product.
Form Fill Seal Equipment Market Taxonomy
On basis of machine, the Form Fill Seal Equipment market is segmented into:
- Vertical Form Fill Seal
- Horizontal Form Fill Seal
On basis of type of product, the Form Fill Seal Equipment market is segmented into:
- Bags and Pillow Packs
- Pot trays and Blisters
- Sachets and Envelopes
- Sacks and Bags
On basis of end use industry, the Form Fill Seal Equipment market is segmented into:
- Food and Beverages
- Personal Care
Vertical Form Fill Seal machines are engineered to produce center sealed pouches from material. They are suitable for packing solid and liquid food items. Vertical Form Fill Seal (VFFS) has a larger market share, as it is versatile as compared to horizontal form fill seal (HFFS). Although, for high seal quality requirements HFFS is preferred.
Pillow packs and bags are useful for packaging of small consumer goods and are typically made of Kraft paper or plastic. Bottles and vials used for storing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, chemicals and other liquids, cartons, sacks, and bags are used for mass packaging of small items such as electronics and consumer goods.
Form Fill Seal Equipment Market Outlook
- Asia Pacific is the largest and fastest growing region in the form fill seal equipment market. India and China are major players. Enormous mistrust in the Chinese public regarding food safety has led to rise in consumption of packaged food. According to a survey conducted by Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), 81% of respondents were inclined towards packaged food.
- North America and Europe has reached market saturation, hence growth is projected to be slow. According to EU, food and beverage industry is largest manufacturing sector in Europe in terms of jobs and revenue. Food safety and quality has ensured trust among consumers. Moreover, the demand for high protein food products has increased due awareness regarding nutrition and
- In Latin America political turmoil has not affected the food, beverages, personal care, and pharmaceuticals industries. A shift to higher income has resulted in increased consumption of packaged food products of high qualities, as they are claimed to be healthier. This has driven food, pharmaceutical and electronics industries.
- Middle East and Africa are significantly growing markets. GCC countries are largely reliant on imports to meet food demands. The Food and Agriculture Organization of UN is collaborating with UAE government to increase vegetable and crop production in the country. Organic farming and greenhouse farming are now popular in the country after this initiative. Novel techniques are being implemented to optimize production in drought stress country.
Major players in the form fill seal equipment market are Robert Bosch GmbH, SACMI FILLING S.P.A., Industria Macchine Automatiche S.p.A, Haver & Boecker OHG, Pro Mach, Inc., The Aagard Group LLC, MDC Engineering Inc., Mespack SL, and ARPAC LLC.
Form Fill Seal Equipment Market: Key Developments
- In Nov 2016, Haver and booker along with the Sunstate cement was awarded the contract for providing single sourcing to the drymix plant. Roto-Packer Adams Edition would be supplied by Haver and Booker, which would be based on the FFS(form, fill, seal) technology.
- In late 2015, Robert Bosch GmbH completed its acquisition of Kliklok-Woodman Corporation. This allowed Robert Bosch to expand their business portfolio in vertical form fill seal machines. This acquisition has augmented growth in North American and European markets.
- MDC Engineering, Inc. introduced the integrated die-cut blister sealing machine. The form fill and seal technology would aid the company and the other product manufacturers to continue the sourcing of the formed blisters and maintaining a strong control over the packaging processes and the finished goods.