The global aluminum window profile market
was valued at US$ 698.41 Million in 2017, according to Aluminum Window Profile Market Report, by Aluminum Profile Type (L Type, T Type, and Others), by Window Type (Awning Windows, Hopper Windows, Sliding Windows, Fixed Windows, Single-Hung Windows, Double Hung Windows, and Casement Windows), by Application (Residential, Commercial, and Industrial), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Africa), published by
The global aluminum window profile market is projected to reach US$ 991.34 Million by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period. The escalating consumption of aluminum by the construction and building industry is fueling growth of the aluminum window profile market. For instance, as per Niti Aayog, in 2017 global aluminum consumption was 88 million tons, out of which construction sector consumed 19 million tons. Aluminum windows are preferred in construction sector, owing to various benefits such as reduced heat effect, durability, lightweight nature, and smoother opening and closing of windows.
However, use of aluminum windows causes heat loss and interior condensation, which is expected to restrain growth of the aluminum window profile market.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 25 market data tables* and 15 figures* on "Aluminum window profile market - Global forecast to 2026.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Aluminum Window Profile Market:
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Among aluminum profile type, others segment accounted for the largest market share in 2017 in the global aluminum window profile market. Other segment includes U type, O type, and thousands of other aluminum window profile types. These aluminum profiles are used in industrial, commercial, and residential applications.
- Among window type, single hung windows segment accounted for the largest market share in 2017 in the global aluminum window profile market. This type of window is used for commercial and residential applications. Key players in the global aluminum window profile market are focusing on product launches pertaining to single-hung windows, which is expected to boost growth of the segment. For instance, in 2016, Western Window Systems launched Series 610 Single-hung windows with aluminum frame for use in resorts, luxury hotels, office spaces, and homes.
- Asia Pacific accounted for the largest market share of 47.9% in 2017 in the global aluminum window profile market. This is attributed to growth of the construction sector in emerging economies such as India. Moreover, high disposable income and increasing government initiatives & investments in infrastructure activities is expected to drive growth of the construction sector, which in turn is expected to fuel growth of the aluminum window profile market over the forecast period. According to India Brand Equity Foundation’s (IBEF) report on Infrastructure (June 2018), the Government of India allocated US$ 92.22 billion for the infrastructure sector in the Union Budget 2018-19. Construction development and infrastructure activities sector received foreign direct investment inflows accounting for US$ 24.67 billion and US$ 12.36 billion, respectively from April 2000 to December 2017.
- Key players in the aluminum window profile market are focusing on enhancing their product portfolio. For instance, in February 2019, YKK AP Inc. launched APW 330 (a resin window). It is a combination window that can connect windows horizontally by a series of windows, which enables to produce a bright and large open space inside the house.
- Furthermore, several market players are adopting different strategies to expand their global footprint. For instance, in 2013 Apogee Enterprises acquired Alumicor Limited (supplier of aluminium building products). This is expected to help Apogee Enterprises to expand its presence in Canada non-residential market and also to expand its product offerings.
- Major players operating in the global aluminum window profile market include, Apogee Enterprises Inc., Fletcher Building, Ply Gem Holdings Inc., YKK AP Inc., LIXIL Group Corporation, Xingfa Aluminium, Sapa Group, PGT Inc., Wacang, and Fenan Group