The global automotive floor mats market
was valued at US$ 7.91 million in 2017, and is projected to reach US$ 12.01 million by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.8% over the forecast period, according to Global Automotive Floor Mats Market Report, by Product Type (Rubber Mats, Plastic Mats, Textile Mats, and Others), by Application (Passenger Cars, LCVs, and HCVs), by Sales Channel (OEMs and Aftermarket), and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa), published by .
Automotive floor mats, also known as vehicle mats, are manufactured and designed in order to protect the vehicle floor from wear & tear, dirt & dust as well as corrosion. Automotive floor materials are gaining preference in the automotive floor mats market mainly owing to the aesthetic look bestowed to the vehicles. One of the significant applications of automotive floor mats is to keep vehicle floor clean and hygienic. Automotive floor mats are positioned on the floor of the vehicles as well as inside the vehicle luggage area to avoid exposure of inner parts of vehicle to dust and corrosion. Most of the automotive carpets can be removed for washing as well as cleaning and placed back properly. These factors are expected to propel growth of the global automotive floor mats market.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 60 market data tables* and 40 figures* on "Global Automotive Floor Mats Market” - Global forecast to 2026.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Automotive Floor Mats Market:
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Automobile manufacturers are focusing on backward integration to offer better opportunities in the production of car accessories such as car floor mats, floor liners, thereby driving business efficiency. For instance, in December 2017, VGroup International acquired Middleton Manufacturing, a manufacturer of car mats and other vehicle accessories. Furthermore, OEMs have started offering aftermarket services to retain customers and are focused on enhancing customer experience and providing a wide range of service offerings. Various vendors in this industry are also offering custom-made floor liners to meet changing requirements of customers and evolving product offerings of car manufacturers. For instance, Ford Motor Company and Toyota Motor Corporation offer various kinds of floor liners, which are made from high-density, tri-extruded material molded for various company car models.
- The global automotive floor mat market is segmented on the basis of product type, which includes rubber mats, plastic mats, textile mats, and other mats (customized mats and leather mats). The textile mats segment is expected to exhibit the highest CAGR, owing to increasing use of textile mats in passenger car due to their durability and flexibility. For instance, in February 2018, GGBAILEY announced the launch of innovative custom-fit all-weather textile car mats, which are designed to conceal dirt particles. Hence, textile mats segment is expected to witness substantial growth in the automotive floor mat market during the forecast period.
- According to ’ analysis, Asia Pacific holds dominant position in the global automotive floor mats market and is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period. China, Japan, South Korea, and India are the major growth engines in this region. Increasing need for passenger comfort and safety in cars is expected to drive growth of the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, increasing production of commercial as well as passenger vehicles in these countries is a major factor driving growth of the automotive floor mats in the region. According to Organization Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles (OICA), China accounted for 29.8% of the world’s total automotive production in 2017 and Japan accounted for 10% of the world’s total automobile production in the same year.
- According to ’ analysis, Europe is projected to be the second largest market for automotive floor mats. This is owing to increasing luxury cars production in countries such as Germany and growing automotive industry in emerging economies such as Czech Republic, Poland, and Turkey. According to ’ analysis, in November 2018, Germany-based luxury carmakers such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Porsche achieved the eighth consecutive year of higher worldwide car sales. This increase in sales of automotive vehicles is expected to positively impact the automotive floor mats market growth in this region.
- Some of the major players operating in the global automotive floor mats market include, 3M, Auto Custom Carpet Inc., Autotech Nonwovens Pvt Ltd., Conform Automotive, Feltex, GAHH LLC, RACEMARK International, LLC, Lloyd Mats Inc., German Auto Tops Inc., Lear Corporation (Masland Corporation), Low & Bonar PLC, Suminoe Textile Co., Ltd., Toyota Boshoku Corporation, Walser GmbH, MacNeil Automotive Products Limited (WeatherTech), Husky Liners, Inc. (Truck Hero, Inc.), and Lund International, Inc.