Global Cancer Cell Market, by Cancer Cell Type (Carcinomas, Sarcomas, Leukemia, and Others), by Application (Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy, Immunotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Targeted Drug Therapy, and Others), by End User (Hospitals & Clinics, Specialty Clinics, and Diagnostic Laboratories), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa), is estimated to be valued at US$ 8,525.5 million in 2020 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 8.20 % during the forecast period (2020-2027), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Key companies focusing on approvals from regulatory bodies for novel treatment of cancers such as breast cancer and others is expected to drive the global cancer cell market. For instance, in 2019, Novartis, announced to receive the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for Piqray (alpelisib, formerly BYL719) in combination with fulvestrant for the treatment of postmenopausal women and men with hormone receptor positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 negative (HR+/HER2-), PIK3CA-mutated advanced or metastatic breast cancer.
Global Cancer Cell Market – Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted each and every market across the world and is also expected to have impact on global cancer cell market. Individuals suffering from various diseases such as cancer and hematological disorders are at very high risk of getting infected by the COVID-19 infection. For Instance, in April 2020, according to report published in The Lancet, patients suffering with hematological disorders and cancer, and patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT), could be at particular risk from COVID-19, since they tend to be older, have multiple co-morbidities, and are often immunosuppressed by their disease or therapy.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 is affecting the oncology treatment procedures and therefore government regulating bodies have implemented some guidelines to slow the spread of COVID-19 infection. The US National Library of Medicine’s report published in July 2020 recommended guidelines that should be followed by healthcare professionals and clinical technicians while performing oncology treatments. Some of the important guidelines are as follows:
- All oncology diagnostic procedures should be divided into urgent and not-urgent categories, and in urgent category, a defined diagnostic plan should be properly established to avoid risk of spreading coronavirus infection.
- All surgical procedures and chemotherapy regimens in case of breast cancer patients should be programmed depending upon severity of the patients and severity of patients is categorized into urgent priority, surgery within two weeks, high priority, surgery within four weeks, medium priority, surgery within eight weeks, low priority, and surgery after eight weeks allowed.
- Oncology Breast Care Center should undertake the consideration of delaying the radiotherapy treatment depending upon the patient condition.
Browse 32 Market Data Tables and 32 Figures spread through 175 Pages and in-depth TOC on “Global Cancer Cell Market, by Cancer Cell Type (Carcinomas, Sarcomas, Leukemia, and Others), by Application (Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy, Immunotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Targeted Drug Therapy, and Others), by End User (Hospitals & Clinics, Specialty Clinics, and Diagnostic Laboratories), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa)”
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in the global cancer cell market, click the link below:
The market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, owing to key players focusing on research and development for the treatment of various cancers such as metastatic urothelial carcinoma. For instance, in 2019, Janssen Pharmaceutical, a subsidiary company of Johnson & Johnson announced that BALVERSA (erdafitinib) received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of adults with locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma (mUC), which has susceptible fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR) 3 or FGFR2 genetic alterations.
Key Takeaways of the Global Cancer Cell Market:
- The global cancer cell market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 8.20 % during the forecast period, owing to key companies focusing on research and development for the treatment of cancer.
- Among cancer cell type, carcinomas segment is estimated to hold major market share in the global cancer cell market during the forecast period, owing to increasing prevalence of cancer that arise in epithelial cells present in body cavities in individuals globally. According to US National Library of Medicine report published in September 2020, stated that approximately 1,806,590 new cases of cancer were diagnosed in the United States in 2020 and 606,520 people will die from the cancer disease in US.
- Among application, chemotherapy segment is estimated to hold major market share in the global cancer cell market during the forecast period, owing to chemotherapy exhibiting high efficiency and safety of patients while treating cancers.
- Key players operating in the global cancer cell market include Abbott Laboratories, Novartis International AG, Arcellx, Autolus Therapeutics, Kite Pharma, Cellectis, Celyad Oncology, Crescendo Biologics Limited, GammaDelta Therapeutics Ltd., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc, QIAGEN Inc, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Merck Millipore, Siemens Healthineers AG, and GE Healthcare.