The mine clearance system market was valued at US$ 32.9 million in 2016 and is projected to reach US$ 52.2 million by 2025, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.29% over the forecast period, according to Mine Clearance System Market Report, by System Type (Flails, Tillers, combined flail and tiller system), by Mode Of Operation (Manual, Remote Controlled). Mine clearance system have found substantial applications across the glove owing to the significant concerns across the globe regarding the explosives and landmines ROW, that present threats to the ecosystem and human lives. These systems with the help of the incorporated detection systems, flails and tillers help detonating these explosives with minimum damage to the overall equipment.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 40 market data tables* and 30 figures* on "Global Mine Clearance System Market” - Global forecast to 2025.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Mine Clearance System Market:
- ROW pose significant threats to the civilian lives since they can be incidentally found on footpaths, roads, agricultural fields, deserts, forests, areas surrounding houses and schools, mostly alongside national and international borders in places people carrying out their daily activities. These present danger to the people to access water, food, and other basic amenities, and inhibit the civilians’ freedom of movement. Also, they present significant challenge to internally displaced people and repatriation of refugees hampering the provision of humanitarian aid. These machineries are equipped with the reliable protection against the detonation of explosives; and find significant uses to reduce loss of human lives in disarming the potential threats.
- Among system types, flail systems dominated the market share accounting for over 60% of the global mine clearance system market share. These systems are expected to dominate the industry over the forecast timeframe, primarily owing to their conventional methodology of detonating the explosives, with the minimum damage to the equipment and simplicity of operations. However, combined flail and tiller systems are projected to find substantial growth due to the increased effectiveness of the machines to disarm the explosives.
- Among modes of operation, manual systems dominate the industry share owing to lack of skilled workforce to operate remote controlled machineries. However, owing to the significant enhancement in the safety offered by these machineries, remote operated are expected to witness highest growth over the coming years. For instance, in December 2012, U.S. reserve units received training to operate mine clearing bots and trip improvised explosive devices for operations in Afghanistan.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- According to ’ study, Europe held the largest mine clearance system market share accounting for over 41% of the industry in 2016, and is expected to dominate the industry over the forecast period. Prominent factor responsible for high adoption is massive extent of explosive contaminated areas in countries such as Croatia, Turkey, U.K., and Ukraine.
- High cost of the systems, with some machinery priced over US$ 1 million and maintenance is among the prominent factors impacting the industry growth negatively. Moreover, complexity in operation and lack of trained professionals to operate the equipment with the required proficiency, and the possibility of mishandling that may lead to loss of property and human lives are among the other substantial factors that will continue to hinder the industry growth prospects.
- Some of the key vendors in the industry include Aardvark Clear Mine Ltd., Armtrac Limited, CEFA, Digger DTR – Demining Technologies, DOK-ING d.o.o., Hydrema Holdings ApS, MineWolf Systems AG, Rheinmetall AG, Scanjack AB, and Way Industries a.s.