The global tissue towel market was valued at US$ 46.3 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach US$ 54.3 billion by 2025, witnessing a CAGR of 2.0% over the forecast period (2018 - 2025). By Product Type (Roll Towel, Folded Towel, and Boxed Towel), by End-use Industry (Personal Care, Home Care, Healthcare, and Hospitality), by Application (Hypermarkets, Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Pharmacies/Drug Stores, and Others), and by Regions (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa).
Increasing health awareness among consumers is propelling growth of the tissue towel market. Tissue towel offers advantages such as prevention of bacterial infection when used for hand drying, which reduces the risk of communicable diseases such as cold and flu. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2015, the number of deaths caused by influenza were 5,251 in the U.S. However, environmental problems caused due to tissue industries such as water pollution, deforestation, toxic pulping, and greenhouse gas emissions is a major factor restraining growth of the tissue towel market. Therefore, various manufacturers are focused towards launching biodegradable tissue towels. For instance, in February 2015, Sofidel Group, through its segment line, Regina brand, launched disposable and biodegradable paper towels.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 460 pages, 180 market data tables* and 110 figures* on “Tissue Towel Market” - Global forecast to 2025.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Tissue Towel Market:
- Among end-use industry, healthcare industry segment accounted for the highest market share in 2017, owing to rising government health expenditure. According to the Australian Government, Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, the total government health expenditure was valued at US$ 114.6 Bn and increased by 4.1% during 2015-16.
- Among product type, roll tissue towel segment is expected to account for significant share in the global tissue towel market. The production of roll tissue towel is faster as compared to folded tissue towel, as some manufacturing operations such as cutting and folding are not necessary.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Asia Pacific was the fastest growing region in the global tissue towel market in 2017. This is attributed to increasing demand for tissue products from economies such as China and India. Moreover, increasing manufacturing capacity of tissue products by various market players is also fueling growth of the market in this region. For instance, Hengan Group expanded tissue production capacity in China by 50 thousand tons per year in January 2018.
- North America is expected to exhibit significant growth in the global tissue towel market over the forecast period. Increasing innovations in tissue towel products to meet the demands of consumers creates an opportunity for manufacturers to launch new innovative products in the tissue towel market, thereby driving growth of the market in the region.
- For instance, in May 2017, Orchids Paper Products launched New Tackle paper towels, Clean Scents paper towels, orchids Trends Designer paper towels, and Orchids Supreme bath tissue. Clean Scents paper towels have fruit scents and unique fruit patterns embossed on each towel.
- Some of the key players operating in the global tissue towel market include Kruger Inc., Wepa Leuna GmbH, Cascades Inc., Georgia-Pacific LLC, Metsä Tissue, Procter & Gamble Co., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Asaleo Care Limited, Hengan Group, SHP Slovak Hygienic Paper Group, AB Grigeo, Essity Aktiebolag (publ), Industrie Celtex S.p.A, Lucart S.p.A., and Sofidel S.p.A.