The Global Scoliosis Management Market
, by Product Type (Soft Braces, Rigid Braces, and Composite Braces & Others), Spinal Location (Thoracolumbosacral Orthosis (TLSO), Cervical Thoracic Lumbar Sacral Orthosis (CTLSO), Lumbosacral Orthosis (LSO), and Others), by Demographics (Adult and Pediatric), by Disease Type (Infantile Idiopathic Scoliosis, Juvenile Idiopathic Scoliosis, Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis, Neuromuscular Scoliotic Curves, Congenital Scoliotic Curves, and Adult Scoliosis), by End User (Hospitals & Clinics, Retail Channel, and Online Channel) and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa),
was valued at US$ 2.353.2 million
in 2018 and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.1%
during the forecast period (2018 - 2026), as highlighted in a new report published by .
Several patients suffering from scoliosis do not see a primary care physician or any type of healthcare professional on a regular basis. This could be mainly due to socioeconomic barriers or inattention to recommended health maintenance.
Increasing engagement by healthcare regulatory bodies in spreading awareness regarding scoliosis is expected to result in increasing adoption of scoliosis management products during the forecast period.
In 2008, the National Scoliosis Foundation (NSF) received the first official public proclamation from the U.S. House of Representatives. Congresswoman Allyson Schwartz (PA) declared that each June would be a month of education and awareness about patient care, screening, privacy, and protection regarding scoliosis in the U.S.
Scoliosis Association (U.K.) is the only U.K. wide patient support organization for people with scoliosis and their families. It aims to provide advice, support, and information to people affected by scoliosis and their families, and increase awareness about scoliosis among health professionals and the general public. It helps in providing information about scoliosis condition to the local schools, healthcare professionals, surgeons, hospitals, and community centers.
Scoliosis Association (U.K.) launched International Scoliosis Awareness Day (ISAD) in 2013 to unite people across the world to create positive public awareness about scoliosis, promote education, and bring together those affected by the condition. Annually, people affected by the condition bake, blog, run, sing, dance, and cycle their hearts out to speak out about scoliosis.
Browse 44 Market Data Tables and 39 Figures spread through 174 Pages and in-depth TOC on "Scoliosis Management Market, by Product Type (Soft Braces, Rigid Braces, and Composite Braces & Others), Spinal Location (Thoracolumbosacral Orthosis (TLSO), Cervical Thoracic Lumbar Sacral Orthosis (CTLSO), Lumbosacral Orthosis (LSO), and Others), by Demographics (Adult and Pediatric), by Disease Type (Infantile Idiopathic Scoliosis, Juvenile Idiopathic Scoliosis, Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis, Neuromuscular Scoliotic Curves, Congenital Scoliotic Curves, and Adult Scoliosis), by End User (Hospitals & Clinics, Retail Channel, and Online Channel), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) - Global Forecast to 2026"
To know the latest trends and insights related to scoliosis management market, click the link below:
Furthermore, adoption of organic and inorganic growth strategies by key players in the market is expected to drive growth of the scoliosis management market in the near future. For instance, in September 2017, UNYQ, a medical device company engaged in creating and customizing products, and re-imagining orthopedic devices using 3D printing; they announced their plans of collaboration with Studio Bitonti for 3D Printed Align Scoliosis Braces. Studio Bitonti is a New York-based studio that uses computer-controlled manufacturing processes to create new materials and products.
In September 2018, Boston Orthotics & Prosthetics announced plans to partner with Lorelei Orthotics and its team to enhance the quality of pediatric care in New York and northern New Jersey, U.S. The partnership aims to bring Boston O&P's expertise in scoliosis bracing and plagiocephaly helmet therapy treatments to Lorelei Orthotics’ practice in taking care of children with specialized lower limb problems.
In December 2018, OrthoPediatrics launched the RESPONSE 4.5/5.0mm System in the U.S. This system received the U.S. FDA 510(k) clearance in October 2018 and thereby represents new product offering for physicians to treat complex scoliosis in smaller stature patients at young age.
Key Takeaways of the Scoliosis Management Market:
- The global scoliosis management market is expected to witness a CAGR of 4.1% during the forecast period (2018 – 2026), owing to increasing engagement of key players in developing and offering innovative treatment systems
- Among product type, the thoracolumbosacral orthosis (TLSO) segment accounted for major market share in 2017. TLSO provides the maximum amount of exterior stabilization to the thoracic and lumbar parts of the spine to the patient suffering with scoliosis. TLSO braces put pressure on curves occurred due to scoliosis and slows down the growth to eliminate the progress of the curve. In the recent past, the most commonly prescribed brace for scoliosis is the Boston brace (Boston Orthotics & Prosthetics).
- Among demographics, pediatric segment held the major market share in 2017. Scoliosis develops in infants and children during the period between birth and at the age of 10 and before puberty (early-onset scoliosis). According to the National Scoliosis Foundation (NSF) 2015 report, scoliosis is most commonly diagnosed between the ages of 10 and 15.
- Among disease type, adolescent idiopathic scoliosis (AIS) segment held major market share in 2017. Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis (AIS) is by far the most common type of scoliosis, affecting children between ages 10 to 18 and is found in as many as 4 in 100 adolescents.
- Among end user, retail channel segment held the major market share in 2017. Retail channels such as retail pharmacies and medical devices and equipment stores act as significant end users in the adoption of scoliosis treatment systems.
- Some of the major players operating in the global scoliosis management market include Boston Orthotics & Prosthetics, Aspen Medical Products, Lawall Prosthetics and Orthotics, Horton’s Orthotics & Prosthetics, Spinal Technology Inc., Ortholutions GmbH & Co. KG, Ossur Hf, Charleston Bending Brace, UNYQ, and Pro-Tech Orthopedics