The global Xylitol Market was valued at US$ 447.8 Million in 2021, according to the Global Xylitol Market report, by Form (Liquid, Powder), by Application (Pharmaceuticals, Food & Beverages, Cosmetics & Toiletries, Personal Care, Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
Global xylitol market is expected to surpass US$ 738.1 Million by 2030 and exhibit a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period (2022-2030). Xylitol is produced from chemical hydrolysis of xylose derivatives. It is extracted from sugar cane pulp, corn husks, some seed hulls, and cellulose of wood, among others. In the food and beverages industry, xylitol is used as a natural sweetening agent. The market is expanding as a result of soaring demand for xylitol to overcome the health issues regarding diabetic patients. Xylitol has wide range of consumption across the food industry as an additive and flavoring agent. The various kinds of usages of xylitol across the personal care product industry is expected to create ample opportunities among the xylitol market players.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 30 market data tables* and 24 figures* on "Global Xylitol Market” - Forecast to 2030.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Xylitol Market:
- North America held the highest share in 2021 owing to rising demand for xylitol across the healthcare industry. The U.S. is one of the leading market share countries in the xylitol market throughout the globe. The increasing demand for xylitol market due to its characteristics such as less carbohydrate content, resistance against tooth decay, and some other health advantages, and others. For instance, the organization in United States, named as FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has approved xylitol for purposes such as cosmetics, oral care products, toiletries, and pharmaceuticals, and others. The suppliers across the US used wood as a raw materials during the production of xylitol. The demand for xylitol is very high due to its benefits regarding oral hygiene which further expected to accelerate the market growth.
- Xylitol market is valued at US$ 59.1 Million in 2021 and is expected to exhibit a significant CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period, rising preference for skin care product and confectionery products rapid are driving the growth of the xylitol market in emerging nations. Xylitol is increasingly being used as a flavor enhancer and food additive due to population growth and rising food demand in sugar-free products.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Xylitol is used as one of the frequent components during the production of various kinds of oral health care products. Moreover, it is used in different kinds of personal skin care products. It is widely used alternative for table sugar as xylitol is help to maintain blood sugar level. Rising awareness regarding health conscious food further result in demand for sugar-free food products throughout the globe. Furthermore, changing customer preference for low-calorie product is likely to surge the demand for xylitol based product. In addition, the growing urbanization across the globe is likely to accelerate the xylitol market growth during the review period.
- Moreover, soaring demand for chewing gums made with xylitol helps to prevent dry mouth and tooth decay which mainly ascribed to proliferate the xylitol industry growth. In addition, the xylitol market is further augmenting by the product adoption of xylitol among the skin care applications. The rising demand for xylitol among the diabetic patients which further boost the glutamic market growth.
- Xylitol is mainly derived from natural sources such as oats, corn-cabs, berries, sugar cane bagasse, mushrooms, and others. In China, the xylitol is preferably produced form corn-cub which offers low production cost. Furthermore, the emerging countries such as India and Brazil are projected to use natural sources such as sugar cane wastes which are easily available across the region. On the other hand, US is one of the leading consumer market across the North region. The xylitol-based products offers health benefits such as person skin care, oral health, and others. For instance, the U.S. FDA (Food & Drug Administration) declared that xylitol is used as a food additive in dietary meals.
- Major players operating in the global xylitol market include Roquette Frères, NovaGreen, Inc., zuChem Inc., DuPont Danisco, Cargill, Inc., Zhejiang Huakang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Foodchem International Corporation, A & Z Food Additives Co., Ltd., Shandong Lujian Biological Technology Co. Ltd., Herboveda.
- For instance, on November, 17, 2020, the joint venture between zuChem Inc. and Harbin Yimei Bioengineering Technology Co, LTD, designated as Sweet Appeal Natural Products LLC (Sweet Appeal) declared that the sale of xylitol from fermentation process commercially. This joint ventures help the natural production of xylitol.
Global Xylitol Market - Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
Coronavirus (Covid-19) has majorly impacted all over industries due to strict regulations followed by the government. There was decrease in production of xylitol throughout the pandemic due to interruption of the supply chain of raw materials. Moreover, food & beverages industry has been impacted during COVID-19 which further turn in decreasing demand for xylitol as food industries shut down suddenly. However, xylitol is used in treatment of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and obesity. Furthermore, it has wide range of applications in tissue-engineering and chemical industries which projected to witness significant demand for xylitol during post pandemics.