Impact Analysis of Covid-19
The complete version of the Report will include the impact of the COVID-19, and anticipated change on the future outlook of the industry, by taking into the account the political, economic, social, and technological parameters.
Definition of Market/Industry:
Oral care is a hygiene practice to keep the oral cavity clean and fresh in order to prevent various oral diseases. These products are intend to clean mouth and maintain better oral hygiene. Toothbrush, mouthwash, toothpaste, and dental floss are some of the common oral care products.
The BRICS Oral Care market is estimated to be valued at US$ 14,876.54 in 2021 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 8.4% over the forecast period (2021-2028).
- In October 2019, Colgate-Palmolive Company launched an innovative product, Colgate Optic White Advanced LED Whitening Treatment that delivers 6 shades of whiter teeth in just 10 days.
- In August 2020, Colgate-Palmolive had launched Colgate Optic White Overnight Teeth Whitening Pen. These products provide at-home comfort to consumers, thus resulting in increasing demand, especially in the U.S.
- In January 2021, an Indian company, Dabur entered the mouthwash category with the launch of Dabur Red Pulling Oil, an Ayurvedic mouthwash.
China held dominant position in the BRICS Oral Care market in 2020, accounting for 20.7% share in terms of volume, followed by India and Brazil, respectively. Rising prevalence of dental caries and other dental diseases coupled with rising geriatric populations is another factor fostering the growth of the market in these economies.
Figure 1. BRICS Oral Care Market Value (US$ Mn), by Countries, 2020
The growing focus of the consumers on enhancing personal esthetics is projected to fuel market growth of oral care. Rising demand for medicated oral care products among consumers is also expected to propel the market growth of BRICS oral care. Increasing geriatric population along with the easy availability of different types of denture products is further expected to augment the market growth of the BRICS oral care.
The rising awareness regarding oral hygiene among consumers in the BRICS region is primarily fueling the market growth of oral care. The growing prevalence of dental carries is another major factor propelling the market growth of BRICS oral care. Increasing population especially across India and China coupled with the improving living standard of the consumers is further expected to augment the market growth of oral care.
Product innovation by manufacturer especially in a toothbrush is expected to offer potential opportunities to the market of BRIC oral care. For instance, in February 2020, Xiaomi has launched the Mi Electric Toothbrush T300 offers a range of oral care functions. It is touted to vibrate at over 31,000 times per minute with a torque of over 230gf.cm. Thus such innovation in the product is expected to augment market growth.
The advent of mouthwashes is projected to show lucrative growth in the near future and new product development in the mouthwash will offer potential opportunities. For instance, in March 2017, Colgate launched Colgate Total Advanced Health mouthwash, which is a germ-killing ingredient with breath-freshening power. Thus, the advent of innovation in mouthwashes will favor the market growth over the forecast timeframe.
BRICS Oral Care Market Report Coverage
||Market Size in 2021:
||US$ 14,876.54 Mn
|Historical Data for:
||2017 to 2020
||2021 to 2028
|Forecast Period 2020 to 2027 CAGR:
||2028 Value Projection:
||US$ 26,254.24 Mn
- Regions: Brazil, Russia, India, China, & South Africa
- Product Type: Toothpaste (Gel Toothpaste, & Non-Gel Toothpaste), Mouthwash (Flavored, Conventional, & Organic), Dental Floss, Denture Care (Denture Fixtures), & Others
Colgate-Palmolive, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline, and Philips
- Growing hygiene awareness
- Technological advancement in oral care products
|Restraints & Challenges:
- Lack of distribution channel
Chewing tablets are a trendy concept in the market and are gaining demand across millennial. The growing focus of improving personal healthcare among young generation is expected to propel the market growth of BRICS oral care. Moreover, an increasing number of dental clinics in the BRICS regions is further anticipated to foster the market growth of oral care products over the foreseeable timeframe.
The growing trend of keeping teeth white and clean is creating demand for teeth whitening products. This is expected to bolster the market growth of BRIC oral care. For instance, in January 2018, GlaxoSmithKline has launched Sensodyne Whitening, which also reduces the sensitivity while restoring whiteness by removing strains on the surface of teeth.
Figure 2. BRICS Oral Care Market Share, By Product Type, 2020
Key Takeaways of the Graph:
- The Toothpaste in product type held dominant position in the market and accounted for 78.30% share in the BRICS Oral Care market in 2020. The segment is expected to reach US$ 20,179.92 million in 2028.
- Increasing consumer awareness with regard to better oral hygiene is the primary driver of the overall BRICS oral care market.
Lack of distribution channels in the developing countries is expected to hinder the market growth of the BRICS oral care.
The high cost of specialized products is restricting the adoption of the product among the medium class population. This factor is expected to hamper the market growth of oral care over the forecast period.
- Johnson & Johnson
In January 2018, GlaxoSmithKline has launched Sensodyne Whitening, which also reduces the sensitivity while restoring whiteness by removing strains on the surface of teeth.