Cheddar cheese is a rich source of nutrients such as protein, minerals, vitamins, and calcium, among others. Consumption of sufficient amount of cheddar cheese lowers the risk of health conditions such as diabetes, and heart diseases, among others. Therefore, various health benefits associated with consumption of cheddar cheese are expected to boost the market growth over the forecast period.
- Rapid urbanization, and increasing female workforce has led to a growing demand for ready-to-eat products. Moreover, the availability of cheddar cheese as a snack with no artificial ingredients is expected to facilitate growth of the global cheddar cheese market during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, string cheese or cheese sticks are gaining popularity among consumers owing to the variety of shapes and flavors. For instance, the WhiteWave Foods Company's 'Horizon organic' brand offers organic mozzarella string cheese. Saputo Cheese USA Inc. also offers cheese snacks in the form of string cheese, swirl cheese, cheese sticks, and cheese snack bars as everyday snack items. Saputo introduced the on-the-go snack item 'Frigo Cheese Heads Swirls‘, in which mozzarella and cheddar cheese are twisted together to form swirls.
- However, stringent government regulations regarding the manufacture of cheese is expected to hamper growth of the global cheddar cheese market during the forecast period. For instance, there are federal standards for composition of cheese and dairy products in the U.S. FDA Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 21, Parts 100 to 169. According to these regulations, an updated list of tables and technical composition data for a wide range of dairy products related to the composition of cheese and dairy products, is to be provided by all manufacturers.
- Major cheddar cheese manufacturers are focusing on strategies such as product launches, among others for expanding their product portfolio and consumer base. For instance, in 2018, Arla Foods amba’s launched a wide range of products in the cooking category including innovative shredded cheese called ‘Cheddarella’, which is a blend of cheddar and mozzarella cheese, under the brand ‘Puck’.
- Key players operating in the global cheddar cheese market include The Kraft Heinz Company, Carbery Group, Arla Foods amba, Dairygold Co-Operative Society Ltd., Bel Group, Britannia Industries Limited, Lactalis International, Fonterra Co-operative Group, Associated Milk Producers Inc., and Sargento Foods Incorporated, among others.
On the basis of form, the global cheddar cheese market is segmented into:
On the basis of milk source, the global cheddar cheese market is segmented into:
On the basis of application, the global cheddar cheese market is segmented into:
- Commercial Use
- Residential Use
On the basis of distribution channel, the global cheddar cheese market is segmented into:
- Hypermarket & Supermarkets
- Departmental Stores & Convenience Stores
- Online Stores
On the basis of region, the global cheddar cheese market is segmented into:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa