The aviation industry plays a major role in the global economy GDP. In 2014, the aviation industry supports US $2.7 trillion i.e. 3.5% of the global total GDP. The increasing cyber-attack become one of the major issues which directly affect the business. For instance, According to Reuters, in June 2015 a polish aircraft was grounded due to Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack according to airline official. Similarly, according to central of internet security report, in the U.S 75 airports were impacted by advanced persistent threat attack in 2013. This increasing cyber attacks, increased the importance of cyber security solutions in aviation system which become the major factor for the growth of the aviation cyber security market, globally.
The cloud based deployment model holds the dominating position and is projected to retain its dominance over the forecast period. Due to cost effective as compare to on premise deployment raised the demand of cloud based cyber security solution. In addition, the increasing cyber-attacks and hacking have also fuels the demand of the cloud based deployment.
The managed security held the dominating position in 2016 and is projected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The increasing adoption of management solutions and outsource monitoring have provided the dominating position to the managed security. Moreover, the training service is expected to grow with the largest CAGR over the forecast period.
The airline management application held the dominating position in 2016 and is projected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. Due to improvement in customer services, financial results and lift operational efficiency have provided the dominant position to airline management in aviation cyber security management market.
Aviation Cyber Security Market Taxonomy
On the basis of deployment type, the global aviation cyber security market is segmented into:
- Cloud Deployment
- On-Premise Deployment
On the basis of security type, the global aviation cyber security market is segmented into:
- Application Security
- Cloud Security
- Content Security
- Endpoint Security
- Network Security
- Wireless Security
On the basis of solution type, the global aviation cyber security market is segmented into:
- Antivirus and Anti-Malware
- Data Encryption
- Data Loss Prevention
- Disaster Recovery Management
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) Mitigation
- Identity and Access Management
- Network Firewalls
- Risk and Compliance Management
- Unified Threat Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Web Filtering
On the basis of service type, the global aviation cyber security market is segmented into:
- Managed Security
On the basis of application, the global aviation cyber security market is segmented into:
- Air Cargo Management
- Air Traffic Management
- Airline Management
- Airport Management
On the basis of regions, the global aviation cyber security market is classified into:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Global Aviation Cyber Security Market: Regional Insights
On the basis of geography, the global aviation cyber security market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa, and Middle East. North America accounts for largest market share in the global aviation cyber security market and is projected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S and Canada are some of the major countries that fuels the market of aviation cyber security in North America region. The increasing demand for technically advance cyber security solutions and dominance of digitalization have provided the dominating position to the North America region. In addition, owing to highly presence of IT companies in the U.S. have fuels the market in this region.
Global Aviation Cyber Security Market: Key Players
Major players operating in the global aviation cyber security market include Rockwell Collins, Inc., Raytheon Company, Palo Alto Networks, Inc., Harris Corporation, General Electric Company, General Dynamics Corporation, Computer Sciences Corporation, BluVector Inc., BAE Systems, Inc., and Airbus Defence, and Space SA. The new product launch is one of the major strategy adopted by the market players for example: In June 2017, Rockwell Collins have officially announced that they have launched an ARINC PaxLink, a Passenger Service System for airlines.
Global Aviation Cyber Security Market: Key Developments
- In June 2019, Qatar's Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) announced a launch of Version 1 of the “Aviation Cyber Security Guidelines” in collaboration with the Cyber-security Affairs Sector of the Ministry of Transport and Communications, to help mitigate electronic threats and attacks on the nation’s aircraft operators, airports and air traffic control systems.
- In March 2019, F-Secure, global cyber security provider, announced a launch of its “Aviation Cyber Security Services” which is designed to help airlines and similar organizations protect their aircraft, infrastructure, data, and reputations.
- In March 2019, AFuzion, the world’s leader in aviation development optimization and certification, announced the launch of its new “Aviation Cyber-Security Services and Training”, to coincide with Europe’s largest aviation conference, Aerospace Tech Week, which is held at Munich, Germany on March 2019.
- In October 2017, Satcom Direct (SD), the business aviation connectivity provider, announced a launch of its suite of comprehensive cyber security services and products at Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE) 2017, to protect business aviation data.