Deodorant is a substance, which is applied on the body parts to prevent body odor caused due to the bacterial breakdown of perspiration in feet and armpits, among other body parts. Deodorant consists of aluminum chlorohydrate, aluminum sulfate, and aluminum chloride among other ingredients.
- Rising awareness among customers about organic deodorant is expected to boost growth of the global deodorant market, owing to the various benefits offered by organic deodorant. For instance, organic deodorant contains natural ingredients that helps in improving skin health, and are aluminum-free, among others.
- Moreover, deodorant is a cheaper substitute for perfumes and fragrances, which prevent odor. This is another factor, which is expected to drive growth of the global deodorant market.
- However, increase use of deodorants is expected to be harmful to the body. For instance, excessive spraying of deodorants can cause allergic skin reactions and breathing difficulties, among other side effects. This factors are expected to hamper growth of the global deodorant market during the forecast period.
- Deodorant are available in various forms such as push-up sticks, liquid roll-ons, and body sprays, among others. These deodorants can be further segmented into premium, mid-priced, and low-priced on the basis of pricing.
- Various product developments and product launches by major players are expected to drive growth of the deodorant market over the forecast period. For instance, in February 2019, Unilever, a consumer goods company headquartered in Europe launched its new segment of deodorant wipes and mini sprays. This launch included deodorant wipes for its five brands and mini deodorant sprays for its four brands which include brands such as Axe, Dove and Degree. Such product launches are expected to expand company’s product portfolio and thereby aids the company in gaining a competitive edge over other market players in the global deodorant market.
- Moreover, in April 2018, Dove, a brand of Unilever launched its new deodorants with a floral touch. This includes Dove’s invisible line of deodorants, which include Floral Touch Products such as aerosol, push-up stick, and roll-on. Furthermore, this product launch helped the company in attracting female customers due to its fragrance, invisible form, and new pink packaging.
Key players operating in the global deodorant market include Unilever plc, Avon Products, Inc., Beiersdorf AG, Adidas AG, CHANEL International B.V., Estée Lauder Companies, Shiseido Company, Limited, Yardley of London, The Procter & Gamble Company, Raymond Group, and Godrej Consumer Products Limited.
On the basis of form, the global deodorant market is segmented into:
- Push-up Sticks
- Liquid Roll-ons
- Body Sprays
On the basis of pricing, the global deodorant market is segmented into:
On the basis of distribution channels, the global deodorant market is segmented into:
- Hypermarket & Supermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Online Stores
- Others (Departmental Stores and Others)
On the basis of region, the global deodorant market is segmented into:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa