Detergent polymers are used for forming a layer on the stains and soil particles, and lifting the dirt out of the fabric. Here, specific soil release polymers are developed in order to protect the fibers with a polymeric film.
- The detergent polymers are durable in harsh environments, have a good resolution of graphics, text, and bar codes, owing to the protective layer on these film labels. This is expected to boost demand for detergent polymers market during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, key vendors in the detergent polymers market are focusing on expanding their product portfolio in order to capture a larger customer base and thereby gain a higher market share during the forecast period. For instance, in October 2016, BASF launched its latest solution Sokalan HP96 for application in home care and cleaning markets. Sokalan HP96 is a water soluble polymer present in detergents which help in removing stains from fabrics. Here, Lavergy Pro 104 L, together with Sokalan HP96, provides an enhanced solution for detergent polymers.
- However, stringent government regulations and fluctuating raw material prices are expected to hamper the growth of the global detergent polymers market during the forecast period.
- In case of product type, polycarboxylates segment is expected to gain a significant share during the forecast period owing to tis use as binders in detergents. Polycarboxylates reduce the deposits on the fabric and thereby inhibit the growth of calcite. The calcium sequestering properties of polycarboxylates are expected to boost the demand for polycarboxylates type during the forecast period.
- On the basis of source, natural polymers are expected to gain a significant market share during the forecast period owing to better cleaning properties of natural polymers, increasing pollution, and lower washing temperatures, among others.
- Moreover, strategies adopted by key players to expand their market share is expected to boost the overall market growth during the forecast period. For instance, in January 2019, Itaconix Corporation signed an agreement with Nouryon. As a result of this agreement Nouryon will market Itaconix Corporation’s polymer with chelating properties in the market. This is expected to expand the customer base for both companies and also facilitate demand for detergent polymers over the forecast period.
- Key players operating in the global detergent polymers market include BASF SE, Itaconix Corporation, Nouryon, Intertek Group plc., All-plus Chemical Co., Ltd., Blue Chem India, Unisynth Group, Clariant, and Avi Polymers Limited.
On the basis of source, the global detergent polymers market is segmented into:
- Natural polymers
- Synthetic polymers
On the basis of product type, the global detergent polymers market is segmented into:
- Vinyl pyrrolidone
- Polyvinyl pyrrolidone
On the basis of function, the global detergent polymers market is segmented into:
- Dye transfer inhibitors
On the basis of region, the global detergent polymers market is segmented into:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa