Panthenol is an essential nutrient, which helps in the synthesis and degradation of the fatty acids in our body. Panthenol is also known as provitamin B5 and is usually consumed in a combination with other vitamin B complex formulations. Panthenol naturally occurs in variety of foods and is also added to some cereals and beverages, owing to its nutritional value and healing effect on body tissues.
- The global panthenol market has witnessed a surge in market growth in the recent past, owing to its growing applications in the nutraceutical and cosmetics industry. Among regions, Europe and Asia Pacific are expected to account for a substantial market share, in terms of revenue over the forecast period. For instance, according to the India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), the beauty, cosmetic, and grooming market in India, is expected to reach US$ 20 billion by 2025 and thereby expected to drive demand for panthenol over the forecast period.
- The usage of clean-label products, i.e. food products which contains organic, natural and simple ingredients and no artificial ingredients and additives, is a flourishing trend among consumers across the globe. This has augmented the demand for panthenol in different end-use industries such as pharmaceutical, food & beverages, cosmetics, consumer goods, and others. Panthenol is widely used as an active ingredient for formulation of personal care products, especially in skin care cosmetics.
- The global panthenol market is expected to gain further traction over the forecast period, owing to the rise in usage of panthenol as viable ingredient in food & beverage industry, for production of dietary supplements and nutritious food products. For instance, according to the Institute for Plant and Food Research, New Zealand, the global food & beverages industry was pegged at US$ 5.8 trillion in 2016 and is estimated to reach US$ 20 trillion by 2030 with 5% annual growth. This is expected to propel the market growth over the forecast period.
- Major companies operating in the global panthenol market include BASF SE, RITA Corporation, Jeen International, Xinfu Pharmaceutical, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Kunshan Tongde Chemical Inc., TRI-K Industries, and Anhui Huaheng Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Companies are focusing on expanding their product portfolio by launching new panthenol-based products, which in turn is expected to foster the market growth over the forecast period. For instance, in 2018, Chemist Confessions, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of cosmetics products, introduced its new product range of moisturizers under the brand name, Aquafix, which are formulated using glycerin and panthenol.
On the basis of type, the global panthenol market is segmented into:
On the basis of application, the global panthenol market is segmented into:
- Personal Care
- Hair Care
- Skin Care
- Nail Care
- Oral Care
- Eye Care
- Baby Care
- Food & Beverages
- Animal Feed
- Pharmaceutical & Dietary Supplement
On the basis of region, the global panthenol market is segmented into:
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the Europe
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Middle East
- North Africa
- Central Africa
- South Africa