Sleeping masks are designed to shield eyes from unwanted light, ensuring to set a perfectly dark environment. The best quality sleep masks should be able to mold to the user’s face, promoting comfort while effectively creating a light-deprived environment required for sound sleeping. Various types of sleeping masks are available depending upon material, shape, and others. Contoured and ergonomic masks are designed to fit the face perfectly and provide total blackout. Wrap around masks wrap completely around the head for maximum blackout. Gel mask is good for people with dry eyes, migraines, and puffy eyes. Aromatherapy sleeping mask is equipped with herb pocket. Sleeping mask must provide features such as it should be comfortable, fit around the face, and provide total blackout. Travelers, shift workers, and light sleepers frequently use sleeping mask.
- A major driver promoting growth of the global sleeping masks market is growing travel and tourism industry. According to World Travel and Tourism Council, travel and tourism sector accounted 10.4% of global GDP in 2017. Economical flight and train tickets are attracting large number of travelers for long journey. Sleeping masks are helpful for inducing sleep during the day on an airplane with the lights on for long travel hours. Lightweight silk or cotton masks are the best options for travelling. Some sleeping masks are specially designed for travelling and are attached with a travel pouch.
- However, sleeping masks need frequent cleaning and repeated wash, which might cause the materials to degrade quickly. Less service life of these masks can hamper growth of the sleeping masks market. Generally, masks with higher price points have longer lifespans than those with lower price.
- According to Coherent Market Insights’ analysis, North America is expected to be the largest region in sleeping masks market over the forecast period, owing to the prevalence of sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other sleep disorders. According to American Sleep Association, around 50-70 million U.S. adults have sleep disorder by 2017.
Key players in the Global Sleeping Masks Market
- Key players operating in the global sleeping masks market include Dream Essentials, LLC, Alaska Bear, Bedtime Bliss, Lewis n Clark, Napform, Nidra Goods, Sleep Master, Happy Luxe, and others
On the basis of Product Type, the global sleeping masks market is segmented into:
- Contoured & Ergonomic
- Wrap around
- Gel Mask
On the basis of Distribution Channel, the global sleeping masks market is segmented into:
- Specialty Stores
On the basis of Region, the global sleeping masks market is segmented into:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- In October 2019, Dream Essentials LLC introduced a new Patriot USA sleep mask having large eye cavity area to make sure the fabric does not touch the eyes and the eye lashes. The mask has a high-tech molded design that blocks the unwanted light for a better sleep.
- In November 2018, an eye mask manufactured by Neon Sheep – Dog Gel Eye Mask was ranked amongst the top 12 eye masks by the British newspaper agency – The Independent.
- In October 2019, Dream Essentials LLC introduced a new “Escape Travel Sleep Mask”. The sleep mask has fully adjustable strap with 100% light blocking for effective and relaxing sleep. The product is available with a free earplugs and carry pouch.