According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 570,000 women died due to breast cancer in 2015. Moreover, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), around 236,968 women diagnosed with breast cancer among which around 41,211 women died in 2014. The data indicating a high prevalence of chronic diseases affects lifestyle of women day-by-day. Growing demand for early stage diagnosis of infection/diseases needs new rapid diagnostic tests and imaging system which is expected to fuel the growth of women’s health diagnostic test market in the near future.
Initiative taken by a health organization in prevention measures of chronic diseases and introduction of rapid diagnostic tests is expected to propel the market growth
In 2017, Naugatuck Valley Women’s Health Specialists (NVWHS) decided to provide a free informational program for heart health with Boston Heart Diagnostics. Boston Heart diagnostics has anticipating treatment and diagnosis of cardiovascular diseases (CVD), which improves women’s heart health, as CVD is a leading disease in the U.S. This program is expected to create awareness of CVD related diseases among women and also help to improve lifestyle.
In 2017, Mission Hope Cancer Center accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Cancer Centers (NAPBC) joined Dignity Health Central Coast hospitals. In Mission Hope’s cancer care program, breast cancer examination services and facility is expected to be provided to women. Moreover, in 2017, Dignity Health installed 3D imaging technology - Mammography in the central coast. This technology helps in detection of breast cancer before symptomatic stage, which increases 98% survival rate. Thus, this program is expected to create more awareness and early detection of cancer, which in turn is expected to augment the growth of women’s health diagnostic test market.
In 2016, Aeon Clinical Labs launched a RUO women’s health panel test, which is developed by Thermo Fischer Scientific. This test is based on PCR that detects 34 different target include candidiasis, bacterial vaginosis, and sexual transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea, chlamydia, and some others. Aeon is further aiming to expand genetic assays for pharmacogenomics and hereditary cancer in the near future.
Some of the major factors hampering the market growth include high price of diagnostic imaging system and its related procedure.
Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases among women and rising awareness program is expected to fuel the growth of women’s health diagnostic test market
According to National Cancer Institute (NCI), in 2016, around 22,280 women diagnosed with ovary cancer and around 14,240 women died due to ovary cancer in U.S. Furthermore, according to Cancer Research UK, in 2014, around 7,378 new cases of ovary cancer and around 55,222 cases of breast cancer were diagnosed in U.K. Moreover, around 20 cases of ovarian cancers are diagnosed every day and is projected to increase by 15% by 2035.
Increasing incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases among women and demand for accurate and precise diagnostics are the major factors expected to augment the growth of woman’s health diagnostics market during the forecast period.
Most of the organization and foundations running breast cancer awareness program at local, state, and national level include National Breast Cancer foundation, World Health Organization, and National Institute of Health and Family Welfare (NIHFW), which is expected to fuel growth of women’s health diagnostic test market during the forecast period.
Furthermore, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2015, around 3,978,497 new born were estimated, which supports the increasing pregnancy cases and demand for various gestation and fertility tests and treatments, which is one of the major factors expected to propel growth of women’s health diagnostic test market in the near future.
Some of the key players operating in the global women’s health diagnostic test market include Biomerieux SA, F. Hoffmann-LA Roche AG, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Siemens AG, Abbott Laboratories, Hologic, Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Quest Diagnostics Inc., GE Healthcare, and Alere Inc.
Key Developments in Women’s Health Diagnostic Test Market
- In May 2019, Qiagen N.V. launched first U.S. FDA-approved companion diagnostic test, Therascreen PIK3CA Kit, for identifying breast cancer patients.
- In January 2019, Nurx Inc. launched At-Home HPV Test Kits to detect the types of human papillomavirus (HPV) that are commonly found in cervical cancer.
- In September 2018, Mira, a part of Quanovate Tech Inc, launched Mira Fertility system personalized cycle prediction by measuring fertility hormone concentrations in urine samples. The devices also helps the women to know their fertility status.
- In December 2017, Inito, a medical technology startup, launched a fertility monitor that helps women to track their ovulation days at home in an easy and convenient way. The device enables smartphones to perform lab-grade medical diagnostic tests at home using a single portable device.
- In September 2017, GE Healthcare received U.S. FDA 510 (k) clearance for it’s first-ever mammography system. The device allows women to manage their own compression during the mammography exam with the help of company’s proprietary Senographe Pristina Dueta, a remote control.
Women’s Health Diagnostic Test Market Taxonomy:
- Ovarian Cancer Test
- Diagnostic Imaging Tests
- Ovarian Cancer Tumor Marker Test
- Breast Cancer Test
- Breast Cancer Tumor Marker Test
- Blood Chemistries and Blood Cell Count Test
- Osteoporosis Test
- Bone Densitometry
- In Vitro Blood Test
- Cervical Cancer Test
- Pregnancy and Fertility Test
- Lab-Based Test
- Fertility Monitors
- Pregnancy Testing and Ovulation Prediction Kits
- Ultrasound Test
- Breast Imaging
- Obstetrics/ Gynecology Imaging
- Prenatal Genetic Screening and Carrier Test
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Torch Infections
- Down Syndrome and Edwards Syndrome
- Infectious Disease Test
- MRSA Test
- Hepatitis Test
- Tuberculosis Test
- Urinary Tract Infection Test
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Test
- HIV Test
- Chlamydia Trachomatis and Neisseria Gonorrhoeae Test
By End-user Industry
- Diagnostic Laboratories