The global atmospheric foam packaging market
was pegged at 1,284.1 million units in 2018, according to Atmospheric Foam Packaging Market Report, by Foam Pump Type (Squeeze, Handheld, Table Top, Travel Size, and Dual Chamber), by Application (Body Care, Hand Care, Sun Care, Hair Care, Baby Products, and Makeup), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa), published by
The global atmospheric foam packaging market is expected to reach 1,658.2 million units by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.4% over the forecast period.
Increasing hygiene awareness is expected to drive growth of the atmospheric foam packaging market over the forecast period. There is increasing awareness about healthy skin, hair, nails, and others among global population. Therefore, growing need to prevent premature skin aging, and preference for effective and safe beauty solutions among consumers are expected to drive growth of the atmospheric foam packaging market. For instance, according to a consumer study by the supplement trade group the Council for Responsible Nutrition, in 2017, 31% of the female population of age 18 to 34 were taking supplements for skin, hair, and nails in U.S.
Availability of an alternative to atmospheric foam packaging such as airless atmospheric foam packaging is expected to hamper growth of the market. For instance, Airopack Packaging company offers a dual chamber pump bottle, which requires mixing of two formulations. In this dual air chamber pump, two different products with different viscosities can be kept separately.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 150 market data tables* and 82 figures* on "Atmospheric Foam Packaging Market” - Global forecast to 2026.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Atmospheric Foam Packaging Market:
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Market players are focused on developing new sensor foam pump technology, which is expected to drive atmospheric foam packaging market. The importance and awareness about water saving and conservation creates an opportunity for manufacturers to provide efficient solution such as savage of water and energy. Rising environmental concerns such as carbon emissions and water deficit results in developing new pump technology for cosmetics and personal care packaging products. For instance, KASSEL SANITÄR offers dispenser based on infrared sensor technology or piezoelectric technology, which is easy to refill and install this dispenser. This IR sensor technology dispensed foam with adjustable foam dosage by remote control. According to the company, usage of this electronic foam pump is expected to save about 70% of water compared to regular dispensers.
- Asia Pacific held the largest market share in 2018, in the global atmospheric foam packaging market. Growth of the atmospheric foam packaging market in Asia Pacific is majorly driven by factors such as changing lifestyle of the people and increasing disposable income in emerging economies. As a result, manufacturers in the cosmetics industry are focused on meeting consumer demand in terms of convenience and quality of product packaging.
- Increasing demand for hand care products at airports is expected to facilitate growth of the atmospheric foam packaging market in Asia Pacific over the forecast period. For instance, according to the Airports Council International Asia Pacific, in 2018, there were around 600 airports in 49 countries in Asia Pacific and had the capacity to handle 3.65 billion passengers.
- In the global atmospheric foam packaging market, North America region is expected to register a CAGR of 6.2% in terms of value over the forecast period. Rapid expansion and growth of the North America hotel industry is expected to drive demand for the atmospheric foam packaging solutions. For instance, according to National Restaurants Association, in U.S., the hotel industry was valued at US$ 166 million in 2009 and reach up to US$ 185 million in 2017
- Major players operating in the global atmospheric foam packaging market include Albea S.A., RPC Group, Rieke Packaging System, Guangzhou Talents Cosmetics Packaging Co., Ltd., CLC Co., Ltd., Mitani Valve Co., Ltd, Yoshino Industrial Co., Ltd., Daiwa Can Company, Ltd, Hangzhou Ruijing Packaging Co Ltd, Zhongshan HaiFeng Packaging, and Zhejiang JM Industry Co. Ltd. among others.