Corrosion protective coatings offer a protective layer against the foreign particle present in the environment that's can corrode the metallic body. The acid proof lining is used to enhance the mechanical integrity and robustness of the equipment. It also offers resistance against abrasion, thermal shock, mechanical stress, and high impact to the metallic body. Acid proof lining can be classified into ceramic & carbon brick lining, tile lining, and thermoplastic lining. Some of the major end-user of the mining & metallurgy, chemicals, oil & gas, power generation, transportation, and marine.
The Australia Corrosion Protective Coatings (CPC) & Acid Proof Lining (APL) market
is estimated to account for US$ 809,034.7 (‘000)
in terms of value in 2019 and is expected to grow with a CAGR of 4.5%.
Increasing application of waterborne technology subjected to strict environmental regulations imposed by the Australian government and other regulatory bodies is projected to foster market growth over the forecast period. Many local and international players engaged in the Australia market are focusing on reducing the environmental footprint, which has further fueled the demand for waterborne paints & coatings market in the Australia region.
Expanding chemical sector in the region is expected to raise the demand for paints and coating in Australia is projected to boost the market growth of the corrosion protective coatings and acid proof layer. Some of the major players in the region are Orica Limited (explosives), Incitec Pivot (fertilizer), DuluxGroup (coatings), and Nufarm (crop protection) and most manufacturers and distributors are located in Victoria and to a lesser extent New South Wales. The industry exports $10 billion in goods and imports $50 billion annually. This is expected to foster the Australia market growth over the forecast period.
Australia paints & coatings market has been witnessing a moderate growth rate over the recent past years and this trend is projected to continue over the coming years. Therefore, the mature nature of the Australia paints and coating market is projected to restrain the market growth over the forecast period. According to the coatings world Australia has struggled in recent times with its negative coatings growth (volume) occurring between 2008 and 2013. The value of Australia’s coatings industry is forecast to grow from its 2013 value of $1,078 million to $1,251 million in 2018 – growth of about 16 percent over that five year period.
Rising focus on promoting environmental sustainability by imposing strict government rules and regulation that is encouraging manufacturers to manufacture eco-friendly protective coating product is expected to fuel the market growth. Moreover, the manufacturer is adopting eco-friendly technologies such as powder-based, waterborne, high solids and UV-cured technologies. For instance, LINE-X is an Australian manufacturer aimed at improving operational efficiencies, increasing product durability, and boosting end-user satisfaction. LINE-X Protective Coatings are environmentally friendly, contain no volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and provide solutions for businesses that are subject to industry-specific regulatory compliances and severe service environments.
The rising trend of promoting sustainability in the surface coating is another major factor propelling the market growth over the forecast period. The Australian paint manufacturers’ Federation Inc. represents the interests of its members to ensure the sustainability of the surface coatings industry in Australia. The purpose is to represent and advance the interests of its members to ensure the sustainability of the Australian paint and surface coatings industry.
- Company Names Manufacturers
REMA TIP TOP Industrial Australia PTY Ltd
- Metz Specialty Materials Pty Ltd
- Flight Extruded Plastics.
- Denso (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Weir Minerals Australia Ltd
- Stebbins Australia Pty Ltd
- Kaefer Novacoat Pty Ltd
- Era Polymers
- Steuler KCH Australia Pvt Ltd
- Rubbertec Australia Pvt Ltd
- Covestro Pty Ltd
- REMA TIP TOP Industrial Australia PTY Ltd
- Jotun Australia Pty Ltd
- Corrocoat Engineering Pty Ltd
- Service & Solution Providers
- WEARX Pty Ltd
- Koch Knight LLC
- Leading Edge Conveyor Services Pty Ltd
- Port Hunter Conveyors Pty Ltd
- Imatech Pty Ltd
- United Surface Technologies
- Intertek Group Plc
- Beroa Australia Pty Limited
- Duratec Pty Ltd
- Australian Lining Company
- Dotmar Engineering Plastic Products
- United Pipeline Systems
- Superior Hi-Tech Coatings
- Rubbertex Pty Ltd.
- Industrial Rubber Sales Pty Ltd
- Few Recent Developments
- In June 2016, REMA TIP TOP has taken the delivery of a 40th purpose-built mobile workshop from Hi-Way 1 Hino. The unit is designed to carry rubber and chemical repair solutions used in surface protection, automotive, and material handling industries.
By Product Type
- In March 2016, Jotun Australia Pty. Ltd introduced a new mesh-free epoxy coating called Jotachar 1709. The product is designed to protect steel structures used in hydrocarbon processing and energy industries from the impact of hydrocarbon pool fires.
By End Use
- Corrosion Protective Coatings (CPC)
- Polymer Coatings
- Vinyl Ester & Flake Filled Vinyl Ester
- Rubber Lining System
- Hard Rubber Lining
- Soft Rubber Lining
- Acid Proof Lining (APL)
- Ceramic & Carbon Brick Lining
- Tile Lining
- Thermoplastic Lining
- Ballast Tanks
- Sea Water intake Pipe Lines
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
- Road Tanker
- Rail Tanker
- ISO Tanker
- Phosphoric Acid Processing
- Sulfuric Acid Man Processing
- Hydrochloric Acid Processing
- Chlorine Processing
- Caustic Soda Processing
- Mining & Metallurgy
- Phosphate Mining & Processing
- Aluminium Mining & Processing
- Copper Mining & Processing
- Nickel Mining & Processing
- Gold Mining & Processing
- Steel Pickling & Processing
- Lead and Zinc Mining & Processing
- Coal Mining & Processing
- Uranium Mining & Processing
- Water Treatment
- Sewage Treatment
- Process & waste water
- Others (Automotive, Construction)