The global Dextrin Market was valued at US$ 2,785.80 Mn in 2021, according to Global Dextrin Market Report, by Application (Food, Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Cosmetics, and Others), by Type (Maltodextrin, Cyclodextrin, Amylodextrin, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa) – published by Coherent Market Insights.
The global dextrin market is expected to surpass US$ 4,032.7 Mn by 2030 and exhibit a CAGR of 3.4% during the forecast period (2022-2030). Dextrins are carbohydrates that are water soluble and made from starch naturally present in vegetables and grains. Yellow dextrin are used as water soluble glues in leather industry. Moreover, the white dextrin are used as textile finishing and coating agent to increase weight and stiffness of textile fabrics. White dextrin are also used as a thickening and binding agent in pharmaceuticals and paper coatings.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 30 market data tables* and 24 figures* on "Global Dextrin Market” – Forecast to (2022-2030).
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Dextrin Market:
- Among region, Asia Pacific has witnessed the development in the food industry which is drive the global dextrin market growth. Moreover, market of Asia pacific region especially in emerging countries such as China and Indiaare growing because of substantial inflow of money as a result of growth in cosmetic and pharmaceutical industry can boost the growth of the dextrin market in forecast period.
- North America is the largest dextrin market in the globe. Rising expenditure in the healthcare domain and a number of obese people can drive the dextrin market growth in upcoming years.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Among Type, the Maltodextrin segment held a dominant position in global dextrin market in 2021. Maltodextrin is a type of dextrin which comes in powdery form and extracted from corn, potatoes, and rice which can help to propel the global dextrin market growth in forecast period.
- For instance, in November 2020, the provider of ingredients to the food, beverages, brewing, and pharmaceutical industries, Ingredion Incorporated, acquired a plant-based food manufacturer Verdient Foods to increase their sale of food product in globe dextrin market.
- Major players operating in the global dextrin market include Archer Daniels Midland Company, Cargill, Inc., Tate & Lyle, Roquette Frères S.A, Ingredion Incorporated, American Key Products, Inc., Meelunie B.V, Agridient Inc., Emsland Group, and Avebe.
- These key players are constantly engaged in acquisitions to gain a competitive advantage over other players. For instance, in April 2021, the provider of ingredients to the food, beverages, brewing, and pharmaceutical industries, Ingredion Incorporated acquired a food company, Pure Circle. They both are worked together on tasting stevia leaf ingredients for the global food and beverages industry.
Global Dextrin Market - Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
Since March 2020, almost every industry in the world has suffered due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The demand for consumer goods in 2020 reduced significantly, which in turn, hampered growth of the dextrin market. Furthermore, supply chain disruptions also reduced growth of the dextrin market. Moreover, import and export activities reduced drastically due to stringent regulation policies.