The global bacillus coagulans market was valued at US$ 424 million in 2016, according to the Global Bacillus Coagulans Market Report, by Application (Bakery Products, Confectionery, Dairy Products, Beverages, Functional Food, and Animal Feed).
The bacillus coagulans market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.91% over the forecast period (2018 – 2025), reaching US$ 819 million by 2025. The Asia Pacific region is expected to hold dominant position in the market over the forecast period and is projected to be the largest and fastest growing region.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 200 market data tables* and 150 figures* on "Bacillus Coagulans Market” Global forecast for 2025.
Key Trends and Analysis of Bacillus Coagulans Market:
- Health benefits associated with the consumption of bacillus coagulans such as brain health & aging, gastrointestinal health, and cardio & heart health are some of the key factors boosting demand for bacillus coagulans enriched food and beverage products, which in turn is fueling demand for bacillus coagulans in food & beverages industry.
Key Takeaways from the Market:
- Major driver for growth of the global bacillus coagulans market include increasing prevalence of digestive disorders such as stomach ailments, constipations, flatulence, abdominal pain, and irritable bowel syndrome. According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, one in 141 Americans were affected by Celiac disease.
- Stringent regulations imposed on bacterium strains used in probiotic products is a key challenge for manufacturers to launch their products in a competitive market. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is taking significant steps to restrict the entry of products in the market, which contains banned ingredients.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the largest and fastest growing market for bacillus coagulans over the forecast period. Bacillus coagulans are utilized in applications such as feed additives, functional food, and dairy products, which directly cater to the food industry. Increasing demand for food & beverages in Asia Pacific economies such as China and India has in turn boosted bacillus coagulans market growth. Moreover, with a population of 1.3 billion, China has surpassed the U.S. and has become the world’s largest consumer of food and beverages. According to the China Britain Trade Council, the food industry in China had overall turnover of US$ 514 Bn in 2014. According to the India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), the food processing industry in India was valued at US$ 258 Bn in 2015. These factors are expected to fuel growth of the bacillus coagulans market.
- North America is projected to be the second largest market for bacillus coagulans over the forecast period. Busy lifestyle of working populace has changed their dietary habits by shifting their focus towards nutritional food and beverage products, which in turn is boosting demand for probiotics, functional food, and beverages products. According to the World Bank survey in 2016, over 67% population of Canada belongs to 15-64 working age group, which represents large consumer base for this market. Rising prevalence of chronic diseases due to hectic lifestyle, especially in developed economies, is an immense opportunity for growth of the market. According to Diabetes Canada survey, the diabetic population was around 3.4 million in 2015 and is projected to reach 5 million by the end of 2025, which represents 44% increase from 2015 to 2025. Also, the prevalence of overweight, which is an important cause of chronic diseases is projected to increase over the next 10 years in both men and women.
- Major players operating in the global bacillus coagulans market include Ganeden, Sabinsa Corporation, UAS Laboratories, Sanzyme, Mitsubishi Chemical Foods Corporation, Mystical Biotech Pvt. Ltd., Aumgene Bioscience, and Unique Biotech Ltd.