The global bacillus coagulans market is estimated to be valued at US$ 620.4 million in 2021, according to Bacillus Coagulans Market Report, by Application (Bakery products, Confectionery, Dairy products, Beverages, Functional Food, and Animal Feed) and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
Bacillus coagulans is compatible with enzymes, vitamins, carbohydrates, electrolytes, and proteins which makes it a cost-effective probiotic that can be incorporated into a wide range of foods. Bacillus coagulans is Government Receipt Accounting System (GRAS) affirmed, and being a stable and tough probiotic that can withstand a harsh acidic environment, it is a popular probiotic choice in pharmaceutical and food industries.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 50 market data tables* and 40 figures* on "Global Bacillus Coagulans Market” - Forecast to 2028.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Bacillus Coagulans Market:
- Health benefits associated with the consumption of bacillus coagulans such as brain health & aging, gastrointestinal health, and cardio & heart health are some of the key factors boosting demand for bacillus coagulans enriched food and beverage products, which in turn is driving the demand for bacillus coagulans in food & beverages industry.
Key Takeaways of the Global Bacillus Coagulans Market:
- Major driver for growth of the global bacillus coagulans market include increasing prevalence of digestive disorders such as stomach ailments, constipations, flatulence, abdominal pain, and irritable bowel syndrome. According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, one in 141 Americans were affected by Celiac disease in 2019.
- Among regions, Asia Pacific is projected to be the largest and fastest growing market for bacillus coagulans over the forecast period. Bacillus coagulans are utilized in applications such as feed additives, functional food, and dairy products, which directly cater to the food industry. Increasing demand for food & beverages in the Asia Pacific economies such as China and India has in turn boosted the global bacillus coagulans market growth.
- North America is projected to be the second largest market for bacillus coagulans over the forecast period. Busy lifestyle of working populace has changed their dietary habits by shifting their focus towards nutritional food and beverage products, which in turn is boosting demand for probiotics, functional food, and beverages products. According to the World Bank survey in 2020, over 65% population of Canada belongs to 15-64 working age group, which represents large consumer base for this market. Rising prevalence of chronic diseases due to hectic lifestyle, especially in developed economies, is an immense opportunity for growth of the market.
- Major players operating in the global bacillus coagulans market include Ganeden, Sabinsa Corporation, UAS Laboratories, Sanzyme, Mitsubishi Chemical Foods Corporation, Mystical Biotech Pvt. Ltd., Aumgene Bioscience, Unique Biotech Ltd, Nebraska Culture, and Syngem Biotech.
- Technology launches, acquisitions, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the global bacillus coagulans market. For instance, a U.S.-based food products supplier, Mariani Packing Company, in June 2020, launched its probiotics products in single-serve packs in two fruit varieties. The product is in the form of a weekly 7-day supply carton that combines bacillus coagulans probiotics. The brand, known as GanedenBC30, is recognized as safe (GRAS) by the U.S. FDA and is gluten-free, Kosher, and Halal certified.
Global Bacillus Coagulans Market - Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
Bacillus coagulans have multiple application in bakery products, confectionary, dairy products, beverages, functional food, and others. With the sudden impact of COVID-19, the market has witnessed a surge in demand for products that provide immune health, which is likely to impact the bacillus coagulans market positively. Owing to such factors there are significant product launches to cater the growing demand of bacillus coagulans.