The global lyocell fabric market was pegged at 415.6 KT in 2018, according to Lyocell Fabric Market Report, by Product Type (Staple and Filament), by Application (Healthcare, Hygiene, Apparel, Home Textiles, Automotive, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Africa) published by . The global lyocell fabric market is projected to reach 745.9 KT by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period (2019-2027). Lyocell fabric is used in manufacturing non-woven products due to various advantages it offers such as high dry & wet tenacity and high wet modulus. Lyocell fabric offers excellent softness, strength, absorbency, and wickability compared to other cellulosic fiber. These factors have led to an increase in demand for lyocell fabrics in the hygiene sector for manufacturing wet wipes and sanitary napkins. Rising health & hygiene awareness and increasing healthcare spending by consumers is projected to increase demand for hygiene products throughout the forecast period. According to the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services, in 2017, health care spending in the U.S. grew 3.9%, to reach about US$ 10,739 per person. High price of lyocell fabrics is a key factor restraining growth of the market. The cost of production is high due to the technology used in production of lyocell fabrics, which results in a shift in consumer preference towards alternative products. For instance, price of lyocell fabric ranges between US$ 2,200-2,400 per ton, whereas that of polyester fabric ranges between US$ 12,00-1,500 per ton. To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/market-insight/lyocell-fabric-market-2765 Browse 60 market data tables* and 45 figures* on "Lyocell Fabric Market” - Global forecast to 2027 Key Trends and Analysis of the Lyocell Fabric Market:
- Increasing preference for organic clothing among the populace is expected to boost growth of the lyocell fabric market. Amine oxide is used as a non-toxic solvent in production of lyocell and can be easily recycled during the process.
- Lyocell fabric is used for manufacturing seat covers and battery separators in the automotive industry. Players operating in the automotive industry are focused on reducing the weight of vehicles to increase fuel economy, by replacing leather with lighter fabrics such as lyocell. Leather usage is expected to decline in North America and Europe, owing to the strict emission and waste generation regulations in these regions such as Resource Conservation and Recovery Act. Such factors are expected to create growth opportunities for manufacturers of lyocell fabrics to expand their presence in these regions.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Lyocell fabrics possess excellent microfibrillar structure, good thermal stability and chemical resistance. These properties are suitable to manufacture filter media for oil, fuel & air purification in healthcare, food & beverage industries. Therefore, increasing demand for clear & durable filter media from these industries is projected to positively impact growth of the lyocell fabrics market in the near future.
- Ropes made from lyocell fabrics are safe for food contact and can be used as farming ropes to facilitate growth of tomatoes, cucumber, peppers etc. Moreover, lyocell fabric is compostable under soil conditions, therefore, this ropes can be potentially used as an alternative to plastics ropes.
- Leading key players operating in the global lyocell fabric market include Lenzing A.G., Aditya Birla Group, AkzoNobel N.V., Baoding Swan Fiber Co. Ltd., Qingdao Textiles Group Fiber Technology Co., Ltd., and China Bambro Textile (Group) Co., Ltd among others.
- Wood pulp is used as feedstock for the production of lyocell. Leading manufacturers are focusing to increasing their feedstock capacity in order to meet the rising demand for lyocell fabrics. For instance, in July 2019, Lenzing completed expansion of its wood pulp plant based in Lenzing (Austria). The plant capacity was increased from 3,00,000 to 3,20,000 tons per year. The expansion will help the company achieve its aim of increasing self-supply of wood pulp to 75%.