Global Resveratrol Market, by Application (Cosmetics, Dietary Supplements, Pharmaceutical, and Others), by Dosage Form (Tablet, Capsule, and Liquid), by Distribution Channel (Retail Channel, Online Channels, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa)
was valued at US$ 69.1 Mn
in 2017, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 9.7%
during the forecast period (2018 – 2026), as highlighted in a new report published by .
Increasing launches of new resveratrol products in market is expected to be one of the major drivers fueling the global resveratrol market growth in the near future.
For instance, in February 2017, Evolva Holding SA, a Switzerland-based pharmaceutical company launched Veri-te as its brand for resveratrol. Veri-te is readily used in a wide range of consumer health applications such as food supplements (tablets, capsules, and chews), cosmetics, energy, wellness drinks, and personal care products.
In December 2016, Helix Healthstore, a natural health supplement manufacturer expanded its product portfolio with the addition of Trans- Resveratrol-Super Youth Complex products in its range of premium health supplements. Trans- Resveratrol-Super Youth Complex is a potent antioxidant supplement and contains anti-aging properties that helps to prevent cell damages caused by free radicals, maintains longevity, and promote cellular rejuvenation.
In August 2017, Jupiter Orphan Therapeutics, Inc. received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Orphan Drug Designation for its trans-resveratrol formulation, JOTROL. Based on the phase II trial, utilizing resveratrol, conducted by the company and its partner Murdoch Children's Research Institute. JOTROL is expected to be used for the treatment of Friedreich's Ataxia.
Browse 24 Market Data Tables and 28 Figures spread through 150 Pages and in-depth TOC on Resveratrol Market, by Application (Cosmetics, Dietary Supplements, Pharmaceutical, and Others), by Dosage Form (Tablet, Capsule, and Liquid), by Distribution Channel (Retail Channel, Online Channels and Others), and Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa) - Global Forecast to 2026
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in the Resveratrol Market, click the link below:
Wide scale application of resveratrol in cosmetic industry is also expected to be a major factor driving growth of global resveratrol market during the forecast period. For instance, in 2017, Nutrinovate, a Swedish wellness innovator, announced to integrate Evolva Holding SA’s resveratrol in its reserol skincare range. Resveratrol is a dissolvable oral film strip system, which is used to boost skin elasticity, reduce age spots and wrinkle depth, and improve skin smoothness.
Key Takeaways of the Resveratrol Market:
- The global resveratrol market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 9.7% during the forecast period (2018 – 2026), owing to frequent product approvals and launches of novel resveratrol products in key regions
- North America held the dominant position in the global resveratrol market and is expected to retain its position during the forecast period (2018 – 2026). This is attributed to high awareness among population take proper supplementation for healthy lifestyle.
- Europe is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to presence of key players in the region and frequent product launches. For instance, Evolva Holding SA, and Koninklijke DSM N.V., are some European players involved in resveratrol market.
- Online distribution channel is expected to show a significant growth during the forecast period as key players in the market are more focused to expand online channels to increase its sale. For instance, Helix Healthstore and VitaMonk, both launched resveratrol-based supplements in 2016, to sell with online channel, Amazon.com Inc.
- Increasing ageing population and high prevalence of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer are expected to propel demand for resveratrol supplements over the forecast period. For instance, according to the United Nations estimates, in 2017, around 962 million people were aged 60 or over, globally. The number of older persons in the world is projected to be 1.4 billion in 2030 and 2.1 billion in 2050.
- Major players operating in the resveratrol market include SkinCeuticals, Evolva Holding SA, DSM Nutritionals, Jeunesse Global, VitaMonk, Helix Healthstore, Terraternal, Andorra Life, ResVitale, LLC, Endurance Products Company, RevGenetics, SiChuan Xieli Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. and others