The global safety and security drones market is expected to, grow with a CAGR of 34.7% over the forecast period, according to Global Safety and Security Drones Market Report, by Component (Airframe, Controller System, Propulsion System, and Others (Sensors/Battery/Camera)), by Drone Type (Fixed Wings, Rotor Drones, and Hybrid Drones), by Application (Explosive Detection & Removal, Firefighting, Smart Cities, Inspection & Safety, Patrolling, Surveillance Operations, Weather & Climate Analysis, and Others), by End User (Agriculture, Airports, Colleges & Universities, Construction, Forestry & Logging, Government, Power & Utilities, Oil & Gas Pipelines, Residential Buildings, Mining, and Seaports & Docks), and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
Safety and security drones are flexible mobile platforms, which is majorly used in applications such as security and surveillance, patrolling for safety and security purpose. Safety and security drones are used in surveillance operations, military and operational purpose, with significant cost cuttings and timesaving, as compared to surveillance form on-field vehicle. Moreover, increasing adoption of safety and security drones in smart cities for managing safety and security, traffic monitoring, and providing a timely response to the emergency medical services. For instance, according to the Association of Air Medical Services, several countries such as Canada and Australia have implemented rules and regulations for the operation of UAV/UAS for the public and aviation safety, majorly in the healthcare.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse market data tables* and figures* on "Global Safety and security drones Market” - Global forecast to 2027.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Safety and security drones Market:
- Among drone types, hybrid drones segment is expected to exhibit the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This is attributed to the higher flight time, higher safety from data leakage and simple operation with additional fail-safe redundancies. Moreover, hybrid drones can be used for, long-endurance surveillance and security, inspection of land and areas, and photogrammetry. For instance, ideaForge offers SWITCH UAV, an all-terrain dominator. This drone has an operational range up to 15 km, and offers flight time of over 120 minutes, owing to, which it is majorly adopted for various safety and security applications such as crowd management, traffic monitoring, and crime control.
- Among application, smart cities segment is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period. Safety and security drones plays a key role in smart cities by providing support for the multiple applications such as medical, agriculture, and traffic management. Moreover, safety and security drones are playing a crucial role for crowd management, as police and private agencies are using these drones to ensure safety and security of the crowd during the events. For instance, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of United Nations, the government of Assam and Indian government has partnered with Tata Consulting Services for using the drones for the surveillance, and for identifying the unauthorized settlements and to deter robbers in Kaziranga National Park. In this project the surveillance drones will be fitted with thermal cameras that can identify poachers from their heat signatures. From this project one-horn rhino of Kaziranga National Park, will majorly get benefitted.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- According to Coherent Market Insights’ analysis, North America is expected to hold dominant position in the global safety and security drones market and is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period. The increasing the usage of UAVs/drones for commercial and military applications are the major factors for growth of the North America safety and security drones market. According to Coherent Market Insights’ estimations, in 2016, the sales of safety and security drones was accounted for US$ 147 million, and was expected to get doubled by end of 2019, which represents a lucrative opportunity for safety and security drones in the region. The growth of safety and security drones is mainly attributed due to increasing awareness of integrating drones into existing security systems, and services to provide actionable intelligence, for the enterprises.
- According to Coherent Market Insights’ research, China is one of the leading countries in terms of market share in the Asia Pacific safety and security drones market. The country is expected to exhibit highest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to increasing usage and adoption of safety and security drones in China for various applications such as smart cities, border security management, and traffic management. Moreover, the rising export of safety and security drones from China is expected to fuel demand for safety drones in China. For instance, US public safety agencies are adopting drones from the China-based drone maker. In July 2019, US public safety agencies ordered drones from China-based manufacturer DJI Technologies.
- Some of the major players operating in the global safety and security drones market include AZUR DRONES SAS, Microdrones GmbH, Parrot Drones SAS, Aerialtronics, FLIR Systems, Inc, Flyability, Aria Insights, Delair, Autel Robotics, Kespry Inc, ideaForge, and Others