The global tin chemicals market
was pegged at 61.7 KT in 2018, according to Tin Chemicals Market Report, by Product Type (Sodium Stannate, Stannous Chloride, Stannic Chloride, Stannous Oxalate, Stannic Sulphate, and Others), by Application (Electroplating, PVC Stabilizers, Chemical Intermediates, and Others), by End-use Industry (Chemical, Automotive, Construction, Packaging, Electronics, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Africa) published by
The global tin chemicals market is projected to reach 77.4 KT by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 2.75% during the forecast period (2019-2027). Global demand for tin chemicals has been on the due to their application in various industries such as chemical, automotive, construction, packaging, and electronics. Increasing use of tin chemicals in electroplating applications among various industries for protection and safety of various products coupled with significant advancements in chemical industry in the recent past has boosted growth of tin chemicals market. Increasing use of tin chemical product types such as stannous chloride and stannic chloride for applications in PVC stabilizers, catalysts, metalized glazing, electric components, and even in food industries for tin packed food is expected to create potential growth prospects for tin chemicals market.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 70 market data tables* and 60 figures* on "Tin Chemicals Market” - Global forecast to 2027.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Tin Chemicals Market:
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Among applications, the electroplating segment is expected to account for major market share during the forecast period. Tin electroplating is widely used in manufacturing electronic components, printed wiring boards (PWBs) and printed circuit boards (PCBs), food and beverage cans, food storage containers, and engine bearings. Tin coating prevents corrosion of metals in aggressive atmosphere. Stannous chloride or stannous sulphate are commonly used in acid tin plating baths for use in plating steel wires and automotive pistons. Moreover, stannous methane sulphonate is used in high-speed plating system in the electronics industry. Therefore, significant growth of the electronics industry is expected to further help drive the tin chemicals market growth. For instance, according to Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA), production of the global electronics and information technology industries was is expected to increase by 4% year-on-year in 2018 to reach US$ 2,836.6 billion.
- Significant volume of tin chemicals is utilized in the packaging industry in the form of food and beverage cans, PVC cling films, food storage containers, and others.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness significant growth in the market during the forecast period, owing to growing packaging industry in emerging countries such as India. According to Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, India packaging industry accounted for US$ 32 billion in 2015, and is expected to witness a CAGR of 13-15% during the forecast period.
- Cement additives based on tin chemicals are used in construction activities to reduce the natural level of chrome (VI) component in cement and mortar formations. Tin chemicals such as tin sulphate permanently reduces chrome (VI) substance and immobilizes them, which makes them a better alternative than other additives such as iron sulphate.
- Therefore, significant growth of the construction industry is expected to further drive demand for tin chemicals. According to the Government of U.K. the global construction industry is expected to increase from US$ 8.5 trillion in 2012 to US$ 12 trillion by 2025, witnessing a growth of over 41% during the period.
- Major players operating in the global tin chemicals market include, Mason Corporation, Ace Chemical Company, City Chemicals LLC, TIB Chemicals AG, Pfaltz & Bauer Inc., GFS Chemicals, Showa America, S V Plastochem Private Limited, Westman Chemicals Pvt, William Blythe, Haihang Industry Co.,Ltd, and Strem Chemicals