The global varactor diode market
was valued at US $465.17 million in 2017, and is expected to increase to US $1296.75 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 10.1% over the forecast period from 2018 to 2026, according to Varactor Diode Market Report, the Market is Segmented by Breakdown Voltage (5V - 30V, 31V - 65V, and 65V & Above), by Application (Mobile Devices, Satellite Communication, and Defense, Aviation & Marine), and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), published by
Growing investment on research and development in defense sector to develop new defense equipment and weapons owing to growing border security concern is expected to contribute towards growth of the varactor diode market. The demand for varactor diode is growing in emerging countries such as India and China, owing to increasing use of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets for entertainment, commercial, and educational purpose. Varactor diodes are also known as varicap diodes, which are used in wireless infrastructure to develop 5G technology that helps to enhance linearity function for high speed applications in 5G technology. Earlier varactor diodes were used abundantly in radios to tune the frequency output and match with the radio station frequency but in the recent years it has been replaced by smartphones.
Furthermore, varactor diode are widely used in radars for satellite communication to tune/switch the operating frequency, or control the position of radiation pattern, and detect objects such as spacecraft, aircraft, guided missiles, and motor vehicles. Growing use of radars will impact growth of the global varactor market positively. Zener diode which has similar properties of varactor diode are used as an substitute to varactor diodes in radio frequency circuits which is a major restraining factor for global varactor diode market.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Varactor Diode Market:
- Asia Pacific held dominant position in the global varactor diode market in 2017, and is projected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. This is owing to increasing demand of mobile devices and growing disposable income in this region.
- North America is expected to be the fastest growing market throughout the forecast period, owing to huge investment by the U.S. government on research and developed of military equipment and weapons, which need varactor diode.
- Europe, Middle East and Africa are also expected to show substantial growth during the forecast period owing to growing demand of wireless infrastructure such as 5G technology in these regions.
- Among application segment, the mobile device segment held dominant position in the market in 2017, and is expected to retain its dominance during the forecast period. Growing demand for mobile devices for entertainment, commercial, and educational purposes across the globe helps the global varactor diode market to grow.
- Among application segment, satellite communication segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment throughout the forecasted period. This is owing to use of varactor diodes in radars, which are used in satellite communication to tune/switch the operating frequency, or control the position of radiation pattern, and detect objects such as spacecraft, aircraft, guided missiles, and motor vehicles.
- Major players operating in the global varactor diode market include NXP Semiconductors, STMicroelectronics, Arrow Electronics, Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, ON Semiconductor, MACOM, Vishay Intertechnology Inc., Microsemi, Analog Devices, Integrated Device Technology Inc., and others