The Pedicure Unit Market size is expected to reach US$ 2.20 billion by 2030, from US$ 1.29 billion in 2023, at a CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period.
Pedicure units comprise of equipment used for pedicure procedures and foot care in salons and spas. This includes pedicure chairs, stools, bowls, and tables. The growing demand for pedicure services, increasing number of salons and spas, and rising awareness about foot care are key factors driving the Pedicure Unit Market.
The Pedicure Unit Market is segmented by product type, mechanism, end-use, and region. By product type, the pedicure chairs segment accounted for the largest share of over 40% in 2022. Pedicure chairs enhance comfort during procedures and allow flexibility in positioning. This is supporting the growth of this segment.
Pedicure Unit Market Regional Insights
- North America is expected to be the largest market for Pedicure Unit Market during the forecast period, accounting for over 32.2% of the market share in 2023. The growth of the market in North America is attributed to the high adoption of advanced pedicure units, established salon industry, and rising awareness regarding foot care.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to be the second-largest market for Pedicure Unit Market, accounting for over 38.5% of the market share in 2023. The growth of the market in is attributed to increasing disposable incomes, growing salon industry, and rising demand for luxury pedicure services in countries like China, Japan, and India.
- The Latin America market is expected to be the fastest-growing market for Pedicure Unit Market, with a CAGR of over 7.6% during the forecast period. The growth of the market in Latin America is attributed to growing adoption of pedicure services, increasing beauty salon franchises, and rising beauty standards among consumers.
Figure 1. Global Pedicure Unit Market Share (%), by Region, 2023
Pedicure Unit Market Drivers
- Increasing demand for pedicure services: The demand for pedicure services has been steadily rising over the past decade, driven by growing consumer interest in personal grooming and wellness. Pedicures are no longer considered just a luxury but rather a routine part of personal care. The number of pedicure service providers has expanded significantly. With busy lifestyles, consumers are seeking professional pedicure services for relaxation and convenience. This rising demand is fueling growth in the pedicure equipment market. Brands are coming up with advanced and customized pedicure units to cater to this demand.
- Growth of salon and spa industry: The global salon and spa industry has witnessed substantial growth in recent years, providing a major impetus to the pedicure equipment market. With rising incomes and living standards, consumers are spending more on salon and spa services including pedicures. Salons are upgrading their pedicure sections with latest chairs, stools, bowls and massagers. Hotel and resort spas are also installing high-end pedicure units to provide premium experiences. This expansion of salons and spas is propelling the demand for pedicure equipment.
- Increasing awareness regarding foot care: Growing awareness regarding foot health and hygiene is prompting consumers to adopt regular pedicure routines. Various foot conditions like cracked heels, corns, fungal infections can be prevented and managed with proper pedicures. Medical professionals are recommending pedicures for diabetes patients for foot maintenance. Products like anti-bacterial pedicure bowls, advanced massagers and heat therapy pedicure spas aid in therapeutic foot care. This rising awareness is expected to spur the growth of pedicure equipment.
- Product innovation and premiumization: Manufacturers are focusing on frequent product innovation and premiumization to cater to changing consumer preferences. Premium pedicure chairs with massage, heating, Bluetooth connectivity are gaining popularity. Customizable stools, self-sanitizing bowls, and portable pedicure units also see high demand. Waterless and less harsh chemical pedicures are new trends. Smart pedicure units with integrated data analytics aid salons in operations. Such innovations coupled with rising consumer spending on advanced products is catalyzing the pedicure equipment market growth.
Pedicure Unit Market Opportunities
- Expansion in developing regions Developing economies in Asia, Latin America, Middle East represent massive untapped opportunities for pedicure equipment due to low penetration and high growth potential. With rising incomes and fashion consciousness, consumers in these regions are spending more on salon services, thereby driving equipment demand. Brands are expanding their distribution networks in Tier 2 and 3 cities in these regions. Local manufacturing is also being set up to serve price-sensitive markets. Data-driven and sustainable innovations as per local preferences also present an opportunity for brands.
- Growing male consumer segment While pedicures have traditionally been perceived as a female offering, brands are now targeting male consumers. Men are becoming more conscious about grooming and self-care. Salons are providing exclusive packages for male pedicures. Manufacturers are coming up with masculine and discreet designs targeted specifically at male preferences. This emerging male consumer segment presents a significant opportunity for market expansion.
- Entry into home-based segment While salons drive majority pedicure equipment demand, home-based segment is an area of opportunity. Consumers seeking convenience, safety and affordability are installing pedicure units in homes. Portable and compact pedicure spas and chairs allow DIY pedicures. Brands can tap home-based consumers through D2C marketing and customized products. Virtual tutorials and AI-based applications can aid self-pedicuring. The home pedicure segment is expected to see accelerated growth in the coming years.
- Adoption of organic and natural solutions There is a growing consumer demand for organic and natural pedicure solutions minimizing chemical exposure. Botanical and mineral salt based scrubs, essential oil based massages, plant derived sanitizers are gaining popularity. Brands can capitalize on this trend by incorporating natural extracts, sustainable sourcing of materials and non-toxic processes in product development. Labeling products as organic, eco-friendly and vegan appeals to environmentally conscious consumers, thereby presenting an impactful opportunity.
Pedicure Unit Market Report Coverage
||Market Size in 2023:
||US$ 1.29 Bn
|Historical Data for:
||2018 to 2021
||2023 - 2030
|Forecast Period 2023 to 2030 CAGR:
||2030 Value Projection:
||US$ 2.20 Bn
- North America: U.S. and Canada
- Latin America: Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America
- Europe: Germany, U.K., Spain, France, Italy, Russia, and Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific: China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea, ASEAN, and Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa: GCC Countries, Israel, South Africa, North Africa, and Central Africa and Rest of Middle East
- By Product Type: Chair Pedicure Spa, Pedicure Bowls, Pedicure Chairs, Others
- By Mechanism: Electric Pedicure Units, Hydraulic Pedicure Units, Manual Pedicure Units, Others
- By End Use: Salons, Spas, Others
- By Distribution Channel: Online Stores, Specialty Stores, Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Others
Belava, Lexor, Luraco, Gharieni, Living Earth Crafts, Smock Spa, Gamma & Bross, Kalopi, Bows Beauty, Shedrain
- Increasing demand for pedicure services
- Growth of salon and spa industry
- Increasing awareness regarding foot care
- Product innovation and premiumization
|Restraints & Challenges:
- High costs and maintenance requirements of advanced pedicure units
- Health and hygiene concerns
- Competition from substitutes like foot spas
Pedicure Unit Market Trends
- Increasing adoption of electric and hydraulic units Pedicure units with inbuilt electric and hydraulic systems are witnessing high adoption. Electric massage motors provide consistent and vigorous massage. Hydraulic systems allow convenient adjustment of height, tilt and rotation. Digital controls, preset auto programs make electric/hydraulic units user-friendly. Rising installation of these advanced systems can be observed in premium salons and spas. Brands are also launching portable rechargeable electric massagers for home use. The electric/hydraulic pedicure equipment segment is expected to see robust growth.
- Growing inclination towards customized and personalized experiences Consumers today seek a personalized touch even for routine services like pedicures. Custom-made pedicure chairs with unique upholstery, monogramming services, personalized scrub recipes and massage techniques are emerging. Digital aids like tablets for movie viewing and AR/VR for immersive experiences during pedicures are also witnessed. Salons leverage data analytics to track individual consumer preferences. The customization trend catalyzes market demand and brand loyalty.
- Increasing adoption of multi-functional and smart units Integrated pedicure units combining different functions like massage, heat therapy, exfoliation, and bathing in one system see high adoption driven by convenience and space-saving. Smart pedicure units enabled with IoT, WiFi, AI allow salons to track usage metrics and order supplies automatically. Inbuilt sensors for contactless and automated adjustments add to convenience. Voice command features are also gaining traction. Such multi-functional and smart innovations are shaping up to be a key trend.
- Shift towards minimalistic and ergonomic designs Market reflects a noticeable shift towards minimalistic and ergonomic equipment designs aligned with modern and minimalist interior design philosophies. Pedicure chairs and stools feature clean profiles and neutral colors to seamlessly fit in salon décor. Compact pedicure units maximize available space. Features like adjustable tilt, rotation, cushioned armrests and lumbar support make prolonged procedures comfortable for clients and technicians. Antimicrobial and waterproof materials also see uptake. The minimalistic designs coupled with ergonomics present a defining trend in the industry.
Pedicure Unit Market Restraints
- High costs and maintenance requirements of advanced pedicure units Premium and technology-integrated pedicure equipment comes at steep pricing, making adoption challenging for many salons and individual consumers. Electric and hydraulic units require considerable maintenance investments as well. Replacement or repair of malfunctioning massage heads, seat motors, control panels can be expensive. This limits their penetration predominantly to high-end salons. Many small or home-based consumers also opt for budget manual pedicure systems due to the costs constraints.
- Health and hygiene concerns The spread of infections like bacterial and fungal infections due to use of unclean pedicure equipment is a major restraining factor. Risk of contamination rises in cheaper pedicure units with limited disinfection systems. Lack of licensed technicians and non-adherence to protocols like proper cleaning between clients also causes problems. Addressing these health hazards through strict quality control, technician training and public outreach on hygiene will be imperative.
- Competition from substitutes like foot spas Basic foot spas offering soaking and light massage are emerging as budget substitutes to elaborate pedicure units. Their lower costs, smaller sizes and ease of use give them an edge. While foot spas cannot deliver comprehensive pedicure treatments, they pose competition in terms of leisure foot soaking and massages. Pedicure equipment companies will need to clearly differentiate their products and value propositions versus basic foot spas through technology integration, service bundling and marketing.
New product launches
- In January 2021, Gharieni Group launched the new MLX Quartz pedicure spa featuring innovative and ergonomic design. It offers quartz finish and provides comfort and hygiene.
- In March 2022, Living Earth Crafts introduced the newest version of its flagship pedicure stool, Pedispa Xena Comfort Plus. It has new features for improved comfort and posture.
- In September 2020, Continuum Footspas launched the redesigned Cobra pedicure spa made with anti-microbial materials for hygiene. It also has improved jet technology for massage.
Acquisition and partnerships
- In May 2021, Belava acquired Mondial Spa, a leading pedicure equipment company based in Canada. This strengthened Belava's product portfolio and distribution network.
- In March 2022, Smock Spa partnered with Zenoti to integrate its smart pedicure spas with Zenoti's salon management software for seamless operations.
- In January 2020, Continuum Footspas collaborated with European Wax Center, a major esthetic franchise, to install custom pedicure spas across hundreds of new locations in the US.
Figure 2. Global Pedicure Unit Market Share (%), by Mechanism, 2023
Top companies in Pedicure Unit Market
- Living Earth Crafts
- Smock Spa
- Gamma & Bross
- Bows Beauty
Definition: The Pedicure Unit Market refers to the industry and market for equipment and units used for pedicure procedures and foot care services. It includes products like pedicure chairs, bowls, stools, tables, and massagers used in salons and spas for cleaning, massaging, scrubbing, and grooming feet and toenails. The rising demand for pedicure services among consumers for relaxation and beautification of feet is driving the growth of this market. Manufacturers are launching innovative and advanced pedicure units with features like massage, heating, vibration, and adjustability to provide enhanced pedicure experiences.
Few other promising reports in Consumer Goods Industry
Police Baton Market
Rubber Dumbbells Market
Merchandise Designing Market
Online Home Decor Market