Impact Analysis of Covid-19
The complete version of the Report will include the impact of the COVID-19, and anticipated change on the future outlook of the industry, by taking into the account the political, economic, social, and technological parameters.
Drone Airspace Security Systems are used to restrict the drones or UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicle) from entering the defined premises. The increasing adoption of drone identification systems by armed forces to identify and detect malicious drones is expected to impact the market growth during the forecast period 2020-27.
The global drone airspace security System market accounted for US$ 522.2 Mn in terms of value in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 28.5% for the forecast period 2020-2027.
Market Dynamics- Drivers
- Rapid development of the Counter Drone Systems is expected to drive growth of the global drone airspace security System market during the forecast period
Key companies are entering into strategic partnerships to develop advanced Anti drone systems. For instance, in December 2020, Dedrone, a U.S.-based company, announced a partnership with Vodafone, a U.K.-based telecommunication company, and Amazon Web Services, a subsidiary of Amazon.com Inc., a U.S.-based multinational technology company. Through this partnership, Dedrone used Vodafone Business’s Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC) solution to speed up the Dedrone Counter drone solution. This MEC solution provides real-time updates on drone incursion and prevents drone threats in the airspace.
- Rising air traffic across the globe is expected to propel the global drone airspace security System market growth over the forecast period
Most of the companies and airport authorities across the globe are using airport security systems in order to protect flights from drone collision in the airspace. Many airports are also expected to adopt counter-drone technology as an extension of the existing airspace security system. For instance, in December 2018, Gatwick, the major international airport in London, canceled hundreds of flights due to disruption caused by drones in the airspace
Drone airspace security System Market Report Coverage
||Market Size in 2019:
||US$ 522.2 Mn
|Historical Data for:
||2017 to 2019
||2020 to 2027
|Forecast Period 2020 to 2027 CAGR:
||2027 Value Projection:
||US$ 3,633.9 Mn
- North America: U.S., Canada
- Latin America: Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America
- Europe: Germany, U.K., Spain, France, Italy, Russia, and Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific: China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea, ASEAN, and Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa: South Africa, North Africa, and Central Africa
- By Component:
- Hardware: Cameras, Sensors, Radars, Jammers, Anti-Drone Guns and Laser.
- By Solutions: Unmanned Traffic Management, Drone Operations Management, Drone Identification & Disruption System, Anti-Collision System
- By Application: Military, Commercial
NTT DATA Corporation, Air Space Drone, Dedrone, DroniTech, Fortem Technologies, Inc., Unifly nv, WhiteFox, Blighter Surveillance Systems Ltd., DroneShield Limited, Hensoldt AG, Raytheon Company, Lockheed Martin Corporation, and Thales Group
- Growing demand for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) in military applications
- Rising air traffic across the globe
|Restraints & Challenges:
- High cost of counter drone systems
Global Drone airspace security System Market - Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
COVID-19 has significantly disrupted almost all the industries including counter infrastructure, transportation, oil and gas, manufacturing, and counter drone system manufacturing industry. Several governments across the globe such as Italy, Spain, and India have imposed nationwide lockdown to restrict the spread of COVID-19 disease. For instance, Government of India have imposed lockdown from March 25, 2020 to June 1, 2020. Due to the lockdown, there is a shortage of workers at the manufacturing facilities. However, factories and shops are gradually opening step by step, as countries such as India started unlock process. COVID 19 pandemic is expected to restrain the drone airspace security system market during the forecast period.
North America held dominant position in the global drone airspace security system market in 2019, accounting for 32.2% share in terms of value, followed by Europe, and Asia Pacific respectively
Figure 1: Global Drone airspace security System Market Share (%) in terms of Value, By Region, 2019
Market Dynamics- Restraints
- High cost associated with advanced electronics and advanced systems in counter drone airspace security system is expected to restrain growth of the global drone airspace security system market during the forecast period
Counter drone systems are used in many countries for monitoring, mapping, and surveying applications. Drone airspace security systems are fully equipped with advanced sensors, propulsion systems, high-tech avionic systems, and advanced flight management technology. The drone airspace security systems are designed as per the requirement from armed forces and equipped with high-quality hardware and software. All these parameters increase the overall cost of the drone airspace security systems.
Figure 2: Global Drone airspace security System market Value (US$ Mn), 2017 - 2027
The global drone airspace security System market was valued at US$ 522.2 Mn in 2019 and is forecast to reach a value of US$ 3,633.9 Mn by 2027 at a CAGR of 28.5% between 2020 and 2027.
- Rising adoption of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence technology is a major trend
Integration of machine learning and artificial intelligence in drones is driving the market growth. The recent developments in electronic components such as camera, processor, micro-controller, mobile hardware, and modern computing is enhancing drone capabilities. New development of hardware and components help drones to generate real-time maps of the route due to the faster microprocessor, advanced camera, and modern computing. Modern computing is capable of creating real-time drone maps with the help of aerial imaging technology.
- Research and development activities to innovate novel products
Key companies in the market are focused on research and development activities, in order to gain a competitive edge in the market. For instance, in January 2017, Future Fibre Technologies, an Australia-based company, launched Aura Ai, a product that uses latest advanced optical signal processing algorithms, combined with artificial intelligence, to discriminate between intrusions, nuisance alarms, and other causes of fence disturbance.
Major companies operating in the global drone airspace security System market are NTT DATA Corporation, Air Space Drone, Dedrone, DroniTech, Fortem Technologies, Inc., Unifly nv, WhiteFox, Blighter Surveillance Systems Ltd, DroneShield Limited, Hensoldt AG, Raytheon Company, Lockheed Martin Corporation, and Thales Group
- Key players in the market are involved in product launches, in order to expand the product portfolio. For instance, in June 2019, Aragon Photonics Labs. S.L.U., a Spain-based company, launched HDAS (High-Fidelity Distributed Acoustic Sensor). The product has various applications such as traffic monitoring, intrusion detection, sub-sea cable monitoring, asset integrity monitoring, pipeline supervision, and security applications.