Mayonnaise is usually a mix of egg yolk and vegetable oil, among other ingredients. However, rising awareness about health benefits associated with vegetarian food is expected to increase demand for eggless mayonnaise over the forecast period. Health benefits offered by mayonnaise include high vitamin content such as vitamin A, D, E, and K, which is expected to facilitate growth of the market over the forecast period.
- Rapid urbanization and increasing female workforce has led to growing demand for ready-to-eat products. For instance, according to the World Bank, in 2014, women accounted for 38.95% of the global labor force, which increased to reach 39.09% in 2017.
- Furthermore, the health benefits of mayonnaise such as presence of omega-3 and vitamin E reduce risk of heart disease. Other benefits of vitamin E include reduction of strokes, absorbing nutrients, and balancing blood circulation in the body.
- However, excessive intake of mayonnaise can lead to health issues such as headache, nausea, and weakness, due to presence of processed ingredients in mayonnaise. This is expected to hamper growth of the global mayonnaise market over the forecast period.
- Major mayonnaise manufacturers are focusing on strategies such as product launches, in order to expand their product portfolio and consumer base. For instance, in March 2019, the Kraft Heinz Company launched two new mayonnaise-based sauces; Heinz Mayocue, and Heinz Mayomust, which are a mix of mayonnaise, barbecue sauce and mustard sauce. This launch is expected to help the company expand its customer base and strengthen its position in the market.
- Moreover, in 2016, McCormick & Company, Inc. launched new products in its mayonnaise range which included flavors such as JALAPENO MAYONESA, AND CHIPOTLE MAYONESA. The objective of this launch was to cater to increasing demand for mayonnaise in the U.S.
- Key players operating in the global mayonnaise market include Nestlé SA, Ajinomoto Co., Inc., McCormick & Company, Inc., Kraft Heinz Company, Unilever, Kewpie Corporation, Sauer Brands, Inc. (Duke's Mayonnaise), Kensinton & Sons, LLC, Spectrum Organic Products, LLC, Woodstock Foods, and others.
On the basis of product type, the global mayonnaise market is segmented into:
On the basis of category, the global mayonnaise market is segmented into:
- Egg Mayonnaise
- Eggless Mayonnaise
On the basis of distribution channels, the global mayonnaise market is segmented into:
- B2B (Business to Business)
- B2C (Business to Consumer)
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets
- Departmental Stores & Convenience Stores
- Online Stores
On the basis of region, the global mayonnaise market is segmented into:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa