Oat drink is a type of beverage prepared by mixing oat cereals with water and vegetable oil. Oat drink is available in various flavors such as chocolate, mango or orange to add to its taste. It can be added to coffee or in preparation of smoothies or muffins to enhance their nutritional value. Oat drink is gaining popularity, as it is a healthy alternative to dairy milk for individuals who are lactose intolerant.
- Oat drink is a good source of calcium, proteins, fibers, and vitamins and it does not have any added sugar. Therefore, oat drink is considered as a healthy beverage for individuals suffering from diabetes or cardio vascular diseases (CVD), which is a leading cause of death, globally.
- According to the factsheet released by the World Health Organization (WHO) for CVD in May 2017, it was estimated that 17.9 million people died due to CVDs in 2016, which represented 31% of all the global deaths. Reducing consumption of saturated fats is necessary to maintain normal blood cholesterol levels, thereby preventing occurrence of CVD. Oats are naturally low in saturated fats and therefore, increased demand for food products containing oats from individuals suffering from CVD is expected to drive growth of the market.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness rapid growth in the global oat drink market over the forecast period, owing to growing beverage industry in emerging economies such as India. According to the India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF) report on Agricultural and Allied Industries, November 2018, investment deals in Beverages & Breweries sector in India increased to US$ 81 billion in 2018 from US$ 19 in 2017, which in turn is expected to boost growth of the beverage industry in India.
- Growth of beverage industry is expected to propel demand for oat drink, as it is a nutritional and healthy alternative to the consumers over other artificially sweetened and aerated beverages
- Key players operating in the global oat drink market include Oatly AB, Alpro, Rude Health, LIMA, Hain Daniels (Brand Dream), Innocent Drinks, Pureharvest, and Drinks Brokers Ltd.
- In October 2019,OATH Drinks launched OATH Organic Oat Milk containing plant protein in four flavors including Matcha Chai, Indian Rose, Golden Turmeric and Double Chocolate.
- In December 2019, Nestle S.A., food and drink company, launched GoodNes, an oat milk drink containing pea protein.
- In January 2020, DuClaw Brewing Co., a beer manufacturer, launched limited edition beer containing oat milk including PastryArchy Oat Milk Stout and Oatshake Double IPA.
- In November 2019, Chobani, a manufacturer of Greek yoghurts expanded its product portfolio by launching new products including oat milk.
- In January 2020, Starbucks Corporation, a coffee house chain, launched Oatmilk Honey Lattein states such as in Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Indiana, Missouri, Minnesota and Wisconsin in the U.S.
On the basis of flavor, the global oat drink market is segmented into:
On the basis of distribution channel, the global oat drink market is segmented into:
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Stores
On the basis of region, the global oat drink market is segmented into:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa