Packer bottles are used to store food, drinks, chemicals or medicines, owing to its tight seal packaging, which will keep the contents safe from oxidation. It is available in different types of colors and materials based on the properties of content. Amber color bottles are primarily used to pack light sensitive products while clear bottles are used for measuring volumes over period of time.
Packer bottles find applications in packaging of beverages and nutritional supplements due to its sealing property, which prevents oxidation and thereby, increases the shelf life. The global packer bottles market is gaining major traction, owing to growing beverages industry. For instance, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), global annual per capita alcohol consumption was registered at 6.4 liters in 2016, which is expected to increase to 7.0 liters in 2025.
In pharmaceutical industry, packer bottles are used to store solid, liquid, and ophthalmic medicines. Growing pharmaceutical industry is expected to propel growth of the packer bottles market over the forecast period. According to the International Trade Association, global pharmaceutical market was registered at US$ 1 trillion in 2015, which is expected to increase to US$ 1.3 trillion by 2020.
However, increasing adoption of blister packaging in pharmaceutical industry, owing to its light weight and low cost, for capsule packaging is expected to negatively impact growth of the packer bottles market over the forecast period.
North America is expected to hold dominant position in the packer bottles market over the forecast period, owing to its largest share in the global pharmaceutical and chemical industry. According to the International Trade Administration (ITA), in 2015, North America’s share in global pharmaceutical industry was registered at around 37% and is expected to remain the same in 2020. Asia Pacific region is expected to witness significant growth in the packer bottles market due to rapidly growing food & beverages and pharmaceutical industry. For instance, according to ITA, pharmaceutical market in China was registered at US$ 108 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach US$ 167 billion by 2020.
Key players in the Global Packer Bottles Market:-
Key players operating in global packer bottles market include Berlin Packaging LLC, Team Packaging Inc., Aaron Packaging Inc., Berry Plastics Corporation, Silver Spur Corporation, Alpha Packaging, Thermo Fisher Scientific BV, Freund Container Inc., The Cary Company, and KushCo Holdings Inc.
On the basis of material, the global packer bottles market is segmented into:
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- Polystyrene (PS)
On the basis of application, the global packer bottles market is segmented into
- Tablets & Capsules
- Powder & Granules
On the basis of end-use industry, the global packer bottles market is segmented into:
- Food and Beverages
On the basis of capacity, the global packer bottles market is segmented into:
- Below 100 cc
- 100 cc – 300 cc
- 300 cc – 500 cc
- Above 500 cc
On the basis of bottle shape, the global packer bottles market is segmented into:
On the basis of region, the global packer bottles market is segmented into:
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- In October 2019, Henkel produced chemically recycled plastic bottles in coordination with Alpha Packaging. This product has been designed as an important step towards circular economy for plastic to reduce plastic pollution.
- In June 2019, Berry Global Group Inc. signed the New Plastic Economy Commitment led by the Ellen MacArthur Foundation to eliminate plastic pollution at its source. The company is developing innovative packaging products to enhance recyclability to create more sustainable packaging future.
- In April 2019, Berlin Packaging acquired Verrerie Colvet, a leading packaging supplier located in France for more than 20 years. With this acquisition, consumers of Berlin Packaging and Verrerie Colvet will be benefited by all products offered by both companies.
- In July 2017, Alpha Packaging acquired a packaging manufacturing plant from Graham Packaging Company in Etten-Leur, Europe. Alpha packaging is a leading supplier of packaging products to vitamin, mineral, supplement manufacturers in Europe. With this acquisition, the company expanded its business into food packaging.