Electronic cables and cables used for shifting or lifting the loads such as those used for trolley systems and conveyor facilities are manufactured with wide range of jacketing or sheathing materials to protect its core from external damage. Polyurethane (PUR) is a thermoplastic polymer, which is used primarily as a cable jacket material. For instance, PUR is used as a sheathing material around the conductors such as copper and tin plated copper wire in electronics.
- Increasing demand of polyurethane cables from end-use industries such as automotive and chemical industry, can be attributed to properties offered by polyurethane. The PUR cables are halogen-free and also are flame-resistant. Moreover, they offer resistance against mineral oils, alcohol-free benzene, acids, alkalis, and other solvents and also resistance to abrasion, which makes them a suitable cable for harsh environments.
- Polyurethane material exhibits properties similar to that of rubber, which in turn, has led to an increase in demand for PUR cables as it offers excellent flexibility and is resistant to chemicals and mechanical stress. This, in turn, is expected to drive growth of the global polyurethane cables market over the forecast period.
- Cables manufactured with sheath of polyurethane are widely used in automotive, food & beverage, and healthcare industry. PUR cables are used as drag cables for automatic equipment and cables for robots and handling tools in manufacturing industries. In automotive industry, PUR cables are used as sensor and control cables and battery cables. In construction industry, they are used as energy cables for construction machines and tools.
- Among end-use industries, food & beverage industry segment is expected to gain significant traction in global polyurethane cables market over the forecast period. This is owing to bacterial growth limiting properties of PUR material. Polyurethane limits growth of bacteria and other microbes which makes it suitable sheathing material for cables used in the food & beverage and pharmaceutical industry as they comply with the stringent hygiene requirements of production lines in these industries.
- Among regions, Asia Pacific is expected to gain significant traction in global polyurethane cables market over the forecast period, owing to growth of end-use industries such as automotive in countries such as China and India. For instance, according to the statistics released by China Association of Automobile Manufacturers, in October 2019, the production and sales of commercial vehicles reached 345,000 and 340,000 units respectively in September 2019 in China, which was increased by 4.0% and 1.9% respectively year on year from September 2018.
- Key players operating in the global polyurethane cables market include SAB Bröckskes GmbH & Co KG, Lapp Limited, Eland Cables, Hueson Corporation, Alpha Wire, ALLIED WIRE & CABLE, INC., HARTING Technology Group, Molex, LLC, MacArtney A/S, Belden Inc., LEONI Kabel GmbH, and HELUKABEL USA
On the basis of cable type, the global polyurethane cables market is segmented into:
On the basis of end use industries, the global polyurethane cables market is segmented into:
- Food & Beverage
- Others (Construction, etc.)
On the basis of region, the global polyurethane cables market is segmented into:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa