Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic teeth care procedure and effective way for removing the teeth surface stains. It includes vital whitening & non-vital whitening. Vital whitening procedure is performed on teeth that have live nerves, whereas non-vital whitening is done on tooth with no live nerves. Excessive consumption of coffee, carbonated beverages, sugar products increases stains in teeth. Teeth whitening products such as whitening toothpaste, whitening gel & strips, whitening light devices, and whitening pen are proven to be effective way to remove such stains.
- Increasing consumer awareness about self-grooming & oral hygiene are major factors that are expected to drive growth of the global teeth whitening products market. For instance, according to a report published by Cosmetics Europe in 2017, oral care products were considered as high priority personal care products in Europe, with 94% of the people considering oral care products to be important in daily lives.
- Growing demand for herbal oral products is creating potential growth opportunities for herbal teeth whitening products. Oral products contains chemical ingredients such as alcohol, essential oils, chlorhexidine, and others. Moreover, long term usage of such products results in alteration of taste sense, dryness or irritation of oral tissues. Therefore, demand for herbal teeth whitening product is expected to increase over the forecast period.
- Among product type, whitening toothpaste segment accounted for largest market share in the global teeth whitening products market in 2018. Increasing adoption of toothpaste, which reduces plaque, fight cavities and bad breath, and whitens teeth at the same time is expected to boost demand for whitening toothpaste globally, which in turn is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
- Among distribution channel, hypermarket & supermarkets segment held major share in the global market in 2018, and the segment is expected to retain its dominance over the forecast period. Factors such as bulk availability of branded teeth whitening products, increasing consumer purchasing frequency & discounts offered by these channels are expected to drive growth of this segment over the forecast period.
KEY PLAYERS OPERATING IN THE MARKET
- Key players operating in the global teeth whitening products market include The Procter & Gamble Company, Unilever PLC, Colgate-Palmolive Company, Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Church & Dwight Co., Inc., Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Lion Corporation, Ultradent Products Inc., Brodie & Stone, KöR Whitening, GLO Science, Beyond International Inc., and Koninklijke Philips N.V. among others
- Leading key players are focusing on product launches, in order to strengthen their product portfolio. For instance, in May 2019, Colgate-Palmolive Company launched at-home teeth whitening kit. This product consists of a rechargeable mouthpiece device, charging case, and teeth whitening serum.
On the basis of product type, the global teeth whitening products market is segmented into:
- Whitening Toothpaste
- Whitening Gel & Strips
- Whitening Light Devices
- Whitening Pen
- Others (Whitening Trays, Whitening Rinses, and Others)
On basis of end user, the global teeth whitening products market is segmented into:
On basis of distribution channel, the global teeth whitening products market is segmented into:
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets
- Online Channel
- Others (Convenience Stores, Grocery Stores, and Others)
On the basis of region, the global teeth whitening products market is segmented into:
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East
- Rest of Middle East
- North Africa
- Central Africa
- South Africa