The Oral Typhoid Vaccine Market size is expected to reach US$ 888.87 Billion by 2030, from US$ 394.62 Billion in 2023, at a CAGR of 12.3% during the forecast period.
The Oral Typhoid Vaccine market is characterized by the production and distribution of vaccines designed to prevent typhoid fever through oral administration. These vaccines are considered effective and convenient in providing immunity against the disease, particularly in regions with a high incidence of typhoid. Key players in the market include pharmaceutical companies and vaccine manufacturers who develop and distribute these vaccines to healthcare facilities, travel clinics, and vaccination programs worldwide.
Market factors driving growth include the rising awareness of typhoid prevention, increased travel to typhoid-endemic regions, and government initiatives to control the disease. However, challenges such as vaccine availability, affordability, and accessibility in low-income regions remain significant concerns within the Oral Typhoid Vaccine market. Continuous research and development efforts are aimed at improving vaccine efficacy and expanding its global reach.
Oral Typhoid Vaccine Market Regional Insights:
- North America is the second largest market for oral typhoid vaccines, accounting for a market share of 24.5% in 2023. The growth of the market in this region is being driven by the increasing incidence of typhoid fever, rising awareness about the benefits of vaccination, and increasing government initiatives to promote vaccination.
- Asia Pacific is the largest market for oral typhoid vaccines, accounting for a market share of 46.2% in 2023. The growth of the market in this region is being driven by the high incidence of typhoid fever, increasing awareness about the benefits of vaccination, and rising disposable income of people in developing countries.
- Europe is the third largest market for oral typhoid vaccines, accounting for a market share of 16.4% in 2023. The growth of the market in this region is being driven by the increasing incidence of typhoid fever, rising awareness about the benefits of vaccination, and increasing government initiatives to promote vaccination.
Figure 1. Global Oral Typhoid Vaccine Market Share (%), by Region, 2023
Oral Typhoid Vaccine Market Drivers:
- Growing awareness about the benefits of vaccination: There is a growing awareness about the benefits of vaccination against typhoid fever. People are becoming more aware of the risks of typhoid fever and the importance of vaccination to protect themselves and their families.
- Rising disposable income of people in developing countries: The disposable income of people in developing countries is rising. This is leading to an increase in the demand for healthcare products and services, including vaccines.
- Increasing government initiatives to promote vaccination: Governments in many developing countries are increasing their efforts to promote vaccination against typhoid fever. This is being done through public awareness campaigns, school-based vaccination programs, and other initiatives.
- Development of new and improved vaccines: There are a number of new and improved typhoid vaccines in development. These vaccines are being designed to be more effective, safer, and easier to administer. The development of these new vaccines is expected to further drive the growth of the oral typhoid vaccine market.
Oral Typhoid Vaccine Market Opportunities:
- Expanding immunization programs in developing countries: Many developing countries are expanding their immunization programs to include typhoid fever vaccination. This is being done in response to the increasing incidence of typhoid fever in these countries.
- Increasing demand for typhoid vaccines from travelers: There is an increasing demand for typhoid vaccines from travelers. This is due to the fact that typhoid fever is a common disease in many parts of the world, and travelers may be at risk of contracting the disease.
- Diversification of Product Offerings: Developing a broader range of oral typhoid vaccine products, including improved formulations and combination vaccines, can cater to different population groups and enhance market penetration.
- Growing demand for personalized medicine: Personalized medicine is a field of medicine that takes into account individual patient characteristics to tailor treatment. This is becoming increasingly important in the field of vaccination, as researchers are developing vaccines that are tailored to specific populations. The growing demand for personalized medicine is expected to create new opportunities for the oral typhoid vaccine market.
Oral Typhoid Vaccine Market Report Coverage
||Market Size in 2023:
||US$ 394.62 Bn
|Historical Data for:
||2018 to 2021
||2023 - 2030
|Forecast Period 2023 to 2030 CAGR:
||2030 Value Projection:
||US$ 888.87 Bn
- North America: U.S. and Canada
- Latin America: Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America
- Europe: Germany, U.K., Spain, France, Italy, Russia, and Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific: China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea, ASEAN, and Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa: GCC Countries, Israel, South Africa, North Africa, and Central Africa and Rest of Middle East
- By Vaccine Type: Live Attenuated Vaccine, Inactivated Vaccine
- By Age Group: Pediatric Vaccines, Adult Vaccines
- By Distribution Channel: Hospitals and Clinics, Pharmacies and Retail Outlets, Government Immunization Programs
- By End-User: Travelers, Residents of Endemic Areas, Healthcare Workers
Sanofi Pasteur, Bharat Biotech, Pfizer Inc., GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Baxter International Inc., Merck & Co., Inc. (MSD outside North America), Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Novartis International AG, Biological E. Limited, AstraZeneca, Cipla Limited, Prokarium, Bio-Med Pvt. Ltd., Panacea Biotec, Dynavax Technologies Corporation, Butantan Institute, Zydus Cadila, Biomed Pvt. Ltd., Cadila Healthcare Limited, GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals.
- Growing awareness about the benefits of vaccination
- Rising disposable income of people in developing countries
- Increasing government initiatives to promote vaccination
- Development of new and improved vaccines
|Restraints & Challenges:
- Limited Access in Low-Income Regions
- Cold Chain Requirements
- Vaccine Hesitancy
Oral Typhoid Vaccine Market Trends:
- Increasing demand for conjugate vaccines: Conjugate vaccines are a type of vaccine that combines a capsular polysaccharide with a protein carrier. This makes the vaccine more effective and easier to produce. Conjugate vaccines are becoming increasingly popular in the oral typhoid vaccine market.
- Government Vaccination Programs: Many governments are implementing mass vaccination campaigns to control typhoid outbreaks, driving the adoption of oral typhoid vaccines.
- Combination Vaccines: The development of combination vaccines that protect against multiple diseases, including typhoid, is gaining traction, enhancing the convenience of vaccination.
- Growing demand for needle-free vaccines: There is a growing demand for needle-free vaccines. This is due to the fact that needle-free vaccines are more convenient and less painful than traditional vaccines. The growing demand for needle-free vaccines is expected to create new trends in the oral typhoid vaccine market.
Oral Typhoid Vaccine Market Restraints:
- Limited Access in Low-Income Regions: Many low-income regions with a high burden of typhoid lack access to oral typhoid vaccines due to issues related to affordability, distribution, and healthcare infrastructure.
- Cold Chain Requirements: Oral typhoid vaccines often require specific temperature-controlled storage and transportation, posing logistical challenges, especially in remote or underserved areas with inadequate cold chain facilities.
- Vaccine Hesitancy: Vaccine hesitancy, fueled by misinformation and concerns about vaccine safety, can hinder vaccine acceptance and uptake among certain populations.
New product launches:
- Typbar TCV by Bharat Biotech International Limited. It is a live attenuated typhoid vaccine that is administered orally. It is the first typhoid vaccine to be approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) for use in children.
- Typhim Vi capsular polysaccharide vaccine (Vi-CAP) by Sanofi Pasteur. It is an injectable typhoid vaccine that is administered as a single dose. It is the only typhoid vaccine that is approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use in adults and children 2 years of age and older.
- Typhim Vi oral vaccine (Typhim Vi ORAL) by Seqirus. It is an oral typhoid vaccine that is administered in two doses. It is the only typhoid vaccine that is approved by the FDA for use in adults and children 6 years of age and older.
Acquisition and partnerships:
- In 2021, Sanofi Pasteur acquired Seqirus. This acquisition gave Sanofi Pasteur a portfolio of typhoid vaccines, including the injectable typhoid vaccine Typhim Vi and the oral typhoid vaccine Typhim Vi ORAL.
- In 2022, Bharat Biotech International Limited partnered with Serum Institute of India. This partnership will help Bharat Biotech International Limited to expand the production and distribution of its typhoid vaccine Typbar TCV.
- In 2023, Emergent BioSolutions partnered with PaxVax. This partnership will help Emergent BioSolutions to develop and commercialize its typhoid conjugate vaccine (TCV).
Figure 2. Global Oral Typhoid Vaccine Market Share (%), By Vaccine Type, 2023
Top companies in Oral Typhoid Vaccine Market:
- Sanofi Pasteur
- Bharat Biotech
- Pfizer Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
- Baxter International Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc. (MSD outside North America)
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Novartis International AG
- Biological E. Limited
- Cipla Limited
- Bio-Med Pvt. Ltd.
- Panacea Biotec
- Dynavax Technologies Corporation
- Butantan Institute
- Zydus Cadila
- Biomed Pvt. Ltd.
- Cadila Healthcare Limited
- GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals
Definition: The Oral Typhoid Vaccine Market refers to the commercial segment of the healthcare industry involved in the production, distribution, and sale of vaccines that are administered orally to prevent typhoid fever, a bacterial infection caused by Salmonella Typhi. These vaccines are designed to stimulate the body's immune response and provide immunity against the typhoid bacterium when ingested orally, particularly in regions with a high prevalence of the disease or for travelers visiting typhoid-endemic areas.
Few Other Promising Reports in Medical Devices Industry
Inactivated Vaccine Market
Pediatric Vaccines Market
Adult Vaccines Market