The France acai berry market is estimated to surpass US$ 61.6 million by the end of 2030, in terms of revenue, exhibiting at a CAGR (Compound annual growth rate) of 26.1% during the forecast period (2023 to 2030).
A rising understanding of the fruit's health benefits is one of the primary factors driving high demand for the acai berry from people all throughout France.
France Acai Berry Market: Market Drivers
- High nutritional value offered by acai berry: The high nutritional value of acai berries is one of the major growth drivers for the France acai berry market. Key players are focused on providing a variety of organic products with the acai berry as the major ingredient, due to its high nutritional value and health benefits offered by consumption of these berries. Companies are now offering acai-based food products such as frozen smoothies, dried powder, infused organic drinks, and frozen pulp to increase its product portfolio.
- Increased popularity of natural nutritional supplements: The surge in demand for natural and organic cosmetics and personal care products in France, owing to a rise in health consciousness among consumers, is also expected to boost the growth of Acai Berry market.
France Acai Berry Market: Market Restraints
- Lack of competitive rivalry: The France Acai Berry Market is restricted due to minimal competitive rivalry. Competitive rivalry in the France acai berry market is low, as there are only four major acai berry product suppliers in France offering various products such as frozen acai pulp, smoothie packs, organic drinks, and dried acai powder. Furthermore, a variety of super fruit types are available as acai berry replacements, including blueberries, cranberries, goji berries, sea-buckthorn berry, and aronia berry. All of these factors are expected to restrict the growth of the France acai berry market in the forecast year.
- Strategic collaboration with Brazilian suppliers: Strategic collaboration with Brazilian suppliers is expected to enhance the France acai berry market during the projected period. There are a limited number of acai berry pulp and dry powder suppliers in France, where Nossa, a manufacturer of acai products, holds a dominant position in the French acai berry market. Moreover, Nossa has direct collaboration with Brazilian acai berry producers, and the company is one of the few players providing acai-based products in France, increasing its bargaining power. Strategic collaboration with Brazilian acai berry and pulp suppliers can increase the profit margins of French acai berry product manufacturers. Furthermore, French manufacturers can venture into the sports drink segment, which is acai berry-based, as it is one of the untapped segments in the France acai berry market.
France Acai Berry Market Report Coverage
||Market Size in 2022:
||US$ 7.6 Mn
|Historical Data for:
||2018 to 2021
||2023 to 2030
|Forecast Period 2023 to 2030 CAGR:
||2030 Value Projection:
||US$ 61.6 Mn
- By Form: Pulp, Dry
- By End User: Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics & Personal Care
- By Distribution Channel: Business to Business, Business to Consumer(Hypermarket/Supermarket, Convenience Store, Online Channel)
Nossa, Abacai, Vivamazon, and Pur Vitaé Wod Nutrition
- High nutritional value offered by acai berry
- Increased popularity of natural nutritional supplements
|Restraints & Challenges:
- Narrow demand-supply gap
- Lack of competitive rivalry
France Acai Berry Market: Market Trends
- Growing demand for natural cosmetics: Increased demand for natural cosmetics in the cosmetic and personal care industries is a significant trend that is propelling the France acai berry market. The internet's significance in the distribution of acai berry goods has risen in recent years, particularly in the beauty and personal care industries. This has assisted the manufacturer’s market expansion by allowing its products to reach a wider audience. As disposable income and living standards have improved in France, consumer demand for acai berries has surged, resulting in Global market development of it’s use in other products. A consistent flow of fresh products and the establishment of several food and beverage firms have fueled the France acai berry market's rapid growth.
Figure 1. France Acai Berry Market, Revenue Share (%), By End User, in 2022
On the basis of end user, food & beverages segment dominated the France acai berry market in 2022, accounting for around 92% of market share, in terms of revenue, followed by pharmaceuticals and cosmetics & personal care, owing to the changing standards of living and rising awareness regarding benefits of acai berry.
France Acai Berry Market - Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
The COVID-19 has a minimal negative impact on the France acai berry market. The imposition of lockdown by the government to minimize the COVID-19 virus spread has highly restrained the France acai berry market. In France, the purchasing power of consumers was impacted due to job losses and adverse economic conditions. However, due to the unusual effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, which severely impacted the retail sector and accelerated the online industry, it benefited the French acai berry market throughout the pandemic period. For instance, according to a research published by the International Trade Administration in 2021, 41.8 million French people shopped online, which represents over 80% of internet users. The average online transaction in 2021 was around $73 and online shoppers tend to shop more frequently, approximately 50 times a year, for a total amount spent of around $3,667 in 2021.The internet has played a larger role in the dissemination of acai berry products in recent years, particularly in the beauty and personal care industries.
The key players operating in the France acai berry market include Nossa, Abacai, Vivamazon, and Pur Vitaé Wod Nutrition.
*Definition: Acai berries are small, dark-colored berries (It looks a lot like blueberries) that come from the acai palm. It comes from the acai berry grown on the acai palm tree in South American rainforests. Due to its high antioxidant properties, the acai berry is believed to provide several health advantages, such as skin firmness, weight loss, anti-aging, and cancer cure possibilities, when converted into a beverage.