Recurrence of multiple myeloma has been a highly prevalent health condition, which requires novel and effective immunotherapeutic treatment. According to Leukemia Research by Elsevier, as of 2014, the incidence of multiple myeloma is estimated to be around 120,000 cases per year, with a global prevalence of over one million cases. B-cell maturation antigen (BCMA), is a cell surface protein that is expressed on the malignant plasma cells. This cell surface protein has emerged as a very selective antigen targeted therapy for the treatment of multiple myeloma. BCMA targeted therapies actively involve three major types of immunotherapies on the basis of product class namely, chimeric antigen receptor T-cells (CAR T Cells), bispecific antibodies, and antibody drug conjugates (ADCs). These advanced therapies are expected to improve the survival rate of multiple myeloma patients.
Increasing prevalence of multiple myeloma is expected to favor the B-cell maturation antigen (BCMA) targeted therapies market worldwide. According to the American Cancer Society, U.S., in 2016, the lifetime risk for multiple myeloma was around 1 in 143 people, with an estimated 30,280 adults (17,490 men and 12,790 women) diagnosed with multiple myeloma. The mortality rate of the disease was estimated to be 12,590 (6,660 men and 5,930 women) in 2016. Key players are actively involved in the development of immunotherapies targeting BCMA for the treatment of multiple myeloma, the demand for which is expected to increase, This in turn, is expected to boost development of novel treatments for relapsed or refractory myeloma. Furthermore, patients undergoing existing drug therapies are prone to the risk of relapse. Hence, B-cell maturation antigen targeted therapy, which primarily addresses this concern is expected to gain rapid traction.
This report segments the global B-cell maturation antigen (BCMA) targeted therapies market on the basis on product type, indication, and regions. On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into antibody drug conjugates, CAR-T cells, bispecific antibodies. On the basis of indication, the market is segmented into acute lymphoblastic leukemia and multiple myeloma. For comprehensive understanding of market dynamics, the global B-cell Maturation Antigen (BCMA) targeted therapies market is analyzed across key geographical regions namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa, and Middle East. Each of these regions is analyzed on the basis of market findings across major countries in these regions for a macro-level understanding of the market.
Key Features of the Study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global B-cell maturation antigen (BCMA) targeted therapies market and provides pipeline analysis for the same
- It elucidates potential opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market. It provides valuable insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, impact analysis, key developments, and competitive landscape
- It profiles leading players in the global B-cell maturation antigen (BCMA) targeted therapies market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product pipeline, geographical presence, and key developments
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Celgene Corporation, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Novartis AG, Juno Therapeutics, Gilead Sciences. Inc., Amgen Inc., Affimed N.V, Poseida Therapeutics, Inc., and Autolus Ltd
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future BCMA targeted therapies product launch, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global BCMA targeted therapies market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including, investors, suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through the various strategy matrices used in analyzing the B-Cell maturation antigen (BCMA) targeted therapies market
- Global B-cell Maturation Antigen (BCMA) Targeted Therapies Market, By Product Type:
- Antibody Drug Conjugates
- CAR-T Cells
- Bispecific Antibodies
- Global B-cell Maturation Antigen (BCMA) Targeted Therapies Market, By Indication:
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma
- Global B-cell Maturation Antigen (BCMA) Targeted Therapies Market, By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- Company Profiles
- Celgene Corporation *
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Novartis AG
- Juno Therapeutics
- Gilead Sciences. Inc
- Amgen Inc
- Affimed N.V
- Poseida Therapeutics, Inc.
- Autolus Ltd
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.