Dental care or oral hygiene is essential to keep both mouth and teeth clean in order to prevent dental/oral infections and disease. Inability to maintain proper oral health may lead to oral as well as other health problems such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and chronic respiratory disease. Good oral/dental health translates to good health overall.
Dental devices are medical devices used for the dental treatment, which includes examination, treatment, restoration, and removing teeth and surrounding oral structures. They are used in the diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of various oral diseases, and are used by the dentist and staff during a dental procedure. Ranging from braces and retainers to dental crowns and fillings, a dental device helps maintain dental health, either long-term or short-term.
3M dental products and supplies are designed for professionals who are committed to providing quality dental care and improving their patients' oral health.
The UAE dental devices market was valued at US$ 172.28 Mn in 2021 and is forecast to reach a value of US$ 280.59 Mn by 2028 at a CAGR of 7.2% between 2022 and 2028.
Figure 1. UAE Dental Devices Market Share (%), by Product Type, 2021
In May 2022, AB Dental, in collaboration with Trucare Group, announced the launch of AB Dental in the UAE. AB Dental specializes in the development, manufacture, and marketing of dental implants, prosthetic products, and surgical tools.
In August 2019, Royal Philip announced the acquisition of Carestream Health Inc.’s Healthcare Information Systems (HCIS) business in 26 of the 38 countries in which it operates.
UAE Dental Devices Market Report Coverage
||Market Size in 2021:
||US$ 172.28 Mn
|Historical Data for:
||2017 to 2020
||2022 to 2028
|Forecast Period 2020 to 2027 CAGR:
||2028 Value Projection:
||US$ 280.59 Mn
- By Product Type: General and Diagnostic Equipment, Dental Consumables, and Other Dental Devices
- By Treatment: Orthodontic, Endodontic, Peridontic, and Prosthodontic
- By End User: Hospitals Clinics and Other End Users
3M Company, Ivoclar Vivadent AG, Geistlich Holding, Essential Dental System, Inc., Zimmer Biomet, Straumann Holding AG, Dentsply Sirona, Carestream Health, and Envista Holding Corporation, among others
- Increasing prevalence of oral health disorders
- Increase in dental tourism in UAE
|Restraints & Challenges:
- High cost of dental imaging systems and dental surgeries
- Increasing prevalence of oral health disorders in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is expected to boost the growth of the UAE dental devices market over the forecast period. For instance, according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), in the UAE, among all the diseases that affect children, oral diseases, particularly early childhood caries, are the most common despite improvement in the provision of oral health services.
- Increasing awareness among people about oral health is expected to augment growth of the UAE dental devices market during the forecast period. For instance, in April 2022, Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre (ADPHC) launched school dental health awareness programme to create awareness about the importance of dental health and its link to overall health.
Figure 2. UAE Dental Devices Market Share (%) in Terms of Value, by Treatment, 2021
- High cost of dental imaging systems and high cost of dental surgeries is expected to hamper the growth of the UAE dental devices market. Dental surgeries are expensive, owing to factors, such as the usage of costly dental devices and other factors, such as the services performed by trained professionals. For instance, the root canal treatment cost ranges between AED 1,600 to 1,800 with a consultation fee of AED 150.
- Increasing investment in dental laboratories is expected to offer significant opportunities for players in the UAE dental devices market. For instance, in April 2021, Smileneo successfully raised USD 2 million in a seed funding round. Smileneo enables patients to access dental clinics which provide safe, effective, doctor-prescribed, and monitored clear aligners.
- Increase in dental tourism in UAE is expected to provide lucrative growth opportunities for players in the UAE dental devices market. Dubai has become one of the most popular dental tourism destinations in the world. For instance, according to the 2019 Annual Health Statistic Book by the Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP), the total number of dental clinics visitors in Dubai for 2019 was 1,089,054; about 46.7% were males and53.3% of them were females, out of which 35.6% were Emirati.
Market Trends/Key Takeaways:
- Frequent approvals and launches of novel products is expected to aid in the growth of the UAE dental devices market. For instance, in January 2022, Pearl announced that it has received clearance from the United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) Ministry of Health and Prevention for Second Opinion, an AI-powered real-time pathology detection aid for dentists. Second Opinion helps dentists by automatically scanning and detecting a range of dental conditions via x-ray and meets stringent patient and user safety standards.
- Favorable initiatives by government and market players are expected to propel growth of the UAE dental devices market. For instance, AEEDC Exhibition is one of the largest dental events in the Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia region covering all aspects of dentistry. The 26th AEEDC exhibition was held in February 2022 at the Dubai World Trade Centre in UAE. Over 66,000 participants and 3500 exhibitors from all over the world attended the exhibition.
- 3M Company
- Carestream Health
- Envista Holding Corporation
- Dentsply Sirona
- Straumann Holding AG
- Zimmer Biomet
- Essential Dental System, Inc.
- Geistlich Holding
- Ivoclar Vivadent AG
Dental devices are medical devices used by dental professionals to examine, manipulate, treat, restore, and remove teeth and surrounding oral structures. A dental drill or handpiece is a hand-held, instrument used to perform a variety of common dental procedures, including removing decay, polishing fillings, performing cosmetic dentistry, and altering prostheses. Furthermore, dental appliances are orthodontic and dental devices that help improve the alignment of teeth, correct bite, and replace missing teeth.
Increasing prevalence of dental diseases or disorders, increasing awareness among people, and favorable government initiatives in the UAE is expected to boost the growth of the UAE dental devices market over the forecast period. The prevalence of periodontal diseases is increasing in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Among all the diseases that affect children, oral disease, specifically early childhood caries, is the most common in UAE. For instance, in April 2022, the Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre (ADPHC) announced the launch of school dental health awareness programme to create awareness about the importance of dental health and its link to overall health. In Dubai, Community Dental Services (CDS) are linked to Primary Oral Health care Centres. There are 14 health care centres that provide multidisciplinary approach (Oral surgery, orthodontics, periodontics, conservative, restorative, and community dentistry) where comprehensive treatment is available to the public, free of charge.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the UAE dental devices market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022–2028), considering 2021 as the base year.
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market.
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players.
- It profiles key players in the UAE dental devices market based on the following parameters such as company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies.
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Essential Dental System, Inc., Ivoclar Vivadent, Geistlich Holding, Zimmer Biomet, Straumann Holding, Dentsply Sirona, Carestream Health, 3M Company, and Envista Holding Corporation.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics.
- The UAE dental devices market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the UAE dental devices market.
- UAE Dental Devices Market, By Product Type:
- General and Diagnostic Equipment
- Dental Consumables
- Other Dental Devices
- UAE Dental Devices Market, By Treatment:
- UAE Dental Devices Market, By End User:
- Hospitals Clinics
- Other End Users